Marketing Insights Manager
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Marketing Insights Manager-WIC03583 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Protein is a leader at delivering primary processed and value added proteins into the Foodservice, Retail and Manufacturing market channels. It operates several food processing facilities located in the US and Canada. Our customers in Foodservice are comprised of large national restaurant chain operators, contract feeding companies and both national and regional foodservice distributors. Our Retail customers are comprised of primarily large national grocery retailers and warehouse clubs. Our Manufacturing customers are comprised of large branded manufacturers of retail consumer packaged goods. The customers from these channels are attracted to working with Cargill because of our demonstrated leadership in delivering innovative products, integrity, operational excellence, food safety and risk management.
The Insights Manager will be responsible for developing insights about the consumer, category, customer, industry and trends that influence leadership to make confident decisions impacting strategy and earnings for Cargill Protein Group. This role will lead the Channel insights efforts to capture, analyze, and communicate market focused insights to drive team understanding of current and emerging consumer & customer trends across manufacturing and distribution channels that relate to Protein Ingredient's current business and future vision. The Insights Manager will collaborate closely with the Business Manager, Brand and Marketing Managers, Innovation R&D Manager and Sales. The Insights Manager will lead the the information synthesis required for successful market mapping and segmentation of Protein Ingredient's major distribution channels as well as provide insights for Innovation and Product Development.
- Establish self as consumer research , business to business research, sales analysis and trend analysis expert. Establish Cargill Protein as the industry thought leader in the Protein Ingredient space.
- Lead ad-hoc primary research as needed by marketing team such as custom surveys and concept testing.
- Lead analysis of secondary research sources such as purchased reports and AC Nielsen.
- Create insights to enable deeper customer knowledge and enable innovation processes.
- Be a strategic partner with Business Manager, Brand and Marketing Managers, Innovation R&D and Sales to understand the marketplace, identify opportunities, understand threats and create implications and recommendations.
- Collaborate and enable sales and marketing teams to understand, use, and communicate the insights information to key segments and customers. Participate in interaction with customers to share insights, leveraging insights to elevate innovation discussion between Cargill Protein and strategic customer partners.
- Lead insights and support strategy specific to one key segmented customers. Includes understanding their consumer segments, developing relationships with key contacts and product development collaboration.
- Bachelor Degree
- Minimum 7 years of experience in marketing, market research, or consumer insights
- Experience in creating and using market research / insights to enable market development efforts
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be results oriented, innovative and creative
- Must be curious - have a desire to understand ‘why' and dig into the data
- Excellent use of MS Office Suite with particular strengths in PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent presentation, training and needs interpretation skills. Should be a very good communicator
- Excellent skills in data analysis and insights identification
- Master's Degree in Data Analytics, Marketing
- Experience in or working closely with Marketing, Sales, and Business Unit Leadership
- Knowledge of Retail Grocery Food Industry
- Experience with Foodservice Distribution Channel
Primary Location US-KS-Wichita
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Marketing Insights Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly