PSM Coordinator-LAK00463 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
This position will be responsible for working closely with the Maintenance team and PSM team in Lake Odessa to implement and maintain all aspects of Process Safety Management in compliance with Cargill policy. Facilitate continuous improvement in resource conservation. Develop and maintain energy and other utility KPI reporting in support of operations
60% Process Safety Management
- Implement and maintain all aspects of Ammonia Refrigeration Process Safety Management OSHA's Process Safety Management “PSM” standard, 29 CFR 1910.119 contains 14 Elements:
1) Employee Participation
2) Process Safety Information (PSI)
3) Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)
4) Operating Procedures
6) Contractor Safety
7) Pre-Start-up Safety Review (PSSR)
8) Mechanical Integrity
9) Hot Work Program
10) Management of Change (MOC)
11) Incident Investigation
12) Emergency Planning and Response
13) Compliance Audit
14) Trade Secrets
-provide administrative resources to the Emergency Response Team
20% Resource Conservation
- Analyses energy and water usage trends and assists in optimization of systems for peak efficiency
- Develop and implement/sustain energy and utility KPI reporting
- Act as a resource to operations for training on behavioral based conservation
20% Utilities Maintenance
- Plan and schedule maintenance of plant utility systems using Cargill reliability model and predictive technologies.
- Make budget recommendations to the Facilities Manager
- Makes recommendations for annual Capital asset replacement
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Safety or approved equivalent, or minimum of 5 years of PSM/refrigeration experience.
- Knowledge of OHSA Industrial Regulation,
- Ability to serve in hazardous material responses, including ability to wear respirator.
- Strong organizational and computer/data management skills
- Supervisory experience in equipment Reliability
- Experience supervising industrial contractors
- Experience with Computer Maintenance Management Systems
- Experience with regulated Process Safety Management
- Ability to obtain CIRO Certification in 2 yrs.
- Ammonia refrigeration knowledge
- Experience with Auto CAD
- Working knowledge of PLC programming and automation system integration.
- Working knowledge of Logix operating system
- Able to work off sifts as required
- Able to work wearing a respirator
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments
- Ability to work with machinery
Job Maintenance and Reliability
Primary Location US-MI-Lake Odessa
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job