EHS Manager-CED00844 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Environmental Manager position is responsible for applying in depth understanding of environmental practices and standards across a location. Provides location leadership and direction in the following areas of focus: development and implementation of environmental strategy & programs, maintenance, and continuous improvement of environmental results, shaping of the internal environmental culture, management of the external environmental brand and leadership of talent management practices. Member of the location leadership team.
35% Builds and leads a high performing team to assess location risks and opportunities, as well as the execution and administration of corporate, business unit and location environmental strategy programs. Benchmarks internally and externally to identify best practices and collaborates with internal partners across the organization.
30% Accountable for performance management, talent development, succession planning and engagement for direct reports in alignment with Cargill's people processes.
20% Provides leadership to environmental audit, inspection and risk assessment processes. Identifies trends, isolates root causes and leads process to ensure that appropriate follow up actions are being implemented. Monitors and anticipates change in the external environment, including, but not limited to regulatory compliance.
10% Leads development of communication strategy for key audiences that builds and maintains awareness of Environmental values, strategies and performance. Provides training and internal assessment of environmental compliance systems.
5% Promote Cargill through involvement in community activities and professional organizations. Share best practices and represent location on behalf of the organization.
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 years of environmental experience in an industrial setting
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local regulations for air, water and solid wastes
- Knowledge of OSHA, NFPA, NEC, and EPA regulations
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Ability to encourage and build a culture of inclusion
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of food safety, safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
- Ability to travel 15% - 25%
- Bachelor's degree or higher in environmental science, biology, or chemistry
- Negotiations experience with regulatory agencies
- Program development and implementation of new or changing regulations
- Implementation of ISO 14000
- Process Safety Management (PSM) and Risk Management Program (RMP) experience
- Experience with facility response plans (FRP)
Job Safety/Environmental Health
Primary Location US-IA-Cedar Rapids
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job