Project Team Lead - Corporate Strategy Development
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Project Team Lead - Corporate Strategy Development-WAY05557 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
CSD is Cargill's Corporate Strategy and Development group responsible for strategy development at the corporate and business levels, mergers & acquisitions, and new business development. In addition to delivering impactful recommendations regarding Cargill's toughest business challenges, CSD helps develop future business leaders.
CSD professionals work across all of Cargill's businesses and geographies. CSD is a stimulating learning environment and helps you chart your own path to a rewarding and successful career with Cargill. You will learn and grow, building the knowledge, skillset and human capital to become a global leader and make a difference. You will think about how to manage the risks and leverage the opportunities presented by the biggest global issues facing the world today - from food security, resource scarcity, and climate change to global trade flows and new technologies. You will grow as a leader during your internship developing integrity, conviction and courage.
- Lead project teams that may consist of CSD associates/analysts and/or client team members. Organize the project work and play a key role in bringing consensus to decisions in the strategic planning process in conjunction with CSD managers, group leaders, and enterprise leaders.
- Provide fact based analysis, creative thinking and consulting to enterprises, groups, businesses, functions, or the Executive Team. This may include evaluating acquisitions/divestitures/alliances (or transactions), conducting Industry studies to determine business expansion opportunities, analyzing operating and financial results of Cargill businesses and competitors, and evaluating major capital expenditure proposals.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative data analysis, synthesize results and communicate understandable and actionable recommendations
- Provide coaching and feedback to associates/analysts on teams
- Manage or administer one or more key departmental activities such as recruiting new employees, professional development, and/or training
- Further develop quantitative and qualitative skills through CSD's training curriculum
- Projects that this position will work on are likely to be global, but may be local or regional.
- PTL is expected to work with the Executive Team, Group Leaders, Enterprise Leaders, and Functional Leaders on major transactions and corporate strategy direction, as well as external investment bankers, lawyers, consultants and other advisors.
This position will lead a team of 1-4 associates/analysts and will also lead client teams on a project basis.
- MBA or higher
- 2 years of consulting experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing projects
- Fluency in other languages
- Exposure in Corporate Finance practice or M&A experience
- Experience leading project teams
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Project Team Lead - Corporate Strategy Development
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly