Sr. FP&A Analyst
Sr. FP&A Analyst-WAY05556 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill has unique opportunities to join the build of an FP&A team for our Food Ingredients and Bio Industrial Enterprise.
We have 4 analyst openings in 3 business areas. The FP&A Analyst will dynamically support the specific group they are a part of. Key areas of focus will be supporting strategy development, measuring value creation, and guiding capital deployment. This individual will ensure necessary financial rigor, process and analytics are in place. The individual will have a strong commercial mindset with clear views on the needs of the business. Through deep commercial knowledge and financial rigor, the individual will create value by partnering and influencing the business. Analysts will have the opportunities to provide financial modeling support for MADJV opportunities, and Strategy projects and partner with IBP Review Owners to help develop Key Performance Metrics, and help Owners articulate Key Assumptions / Risks / Opportunities
Three business areas are:
Cargill's Starches, Sweeteners & Texturizers - North America generates nearly $275m of Operating Earnings per annum. The Group is diverse, ranging across Food, Feed, Bio-Industrial and Texturizing products.
GEOS-Specialties business operates in USA, Canada (5 locations in NA), Australia (1 location) and EMEA (Russia operations started up autumn 2016). GEOS-Specialties have above $ 260 mln gross investment, $580 mln net sales. GEOS-Specialties operates with GEOS NA, CIS and GOSC businesses in USA, Canada, Australia and EMEA, and is a global leader in production of specialty oil seeds (Canola).
GEOS NA business operates 9 facilities (some shared with GOSC) in the USA and Canada. GEOS NA has over $1 billion gross investments and $2.3 billion net sales. GEOS NA is a supplier for CIS and key customer for GEOS - Global Specialties.
Financial Planning and Analysis 60%
• Serves as a key financial resource for business area aligned. Leverages strong problem solving, analytical and communication skills to support the financial course for the business.
• Thinks laterally, identifying new metrics and analytics to quantify the value created across businesses.
• Supports the strategic planning process of the business. Demonstrates external awareness by understanding, translating and providing insight against competitor and industry trends - and how those could impact the unit's performance and strategy.
• Provides necessary financial analytics to enable value, including financial modeling, scenario planning, valuation, monitoring performance against strategic decisions with a moderate FP&A opportunity to impact the business.
• Integrates and interprets disparate sources of data using a broad range of analytical data tools. Incorporates use of statistical methodology and predictive modelling techniques.
• Supports the in-year performance management of the business, measured by profit improvement (wider margins), lower costs and improved working capital.
• Demonstrates strong commercial acumen. Able to understand the business (products, customers, processes) and their key drivers of success (how they make money, what the business costs are)
• Supports to the unit's Supply & Demand Planning (S&OP, IBP) process.
• Analyzes and challenges new product development. Develops necessary financial projections, sensitivities and related returns. Provides necessary “challenge” when necessary.
• Delivers clear presentations, including defending positions on controversial topics. Adapts style to continuously seek ‘win win' solutions.
• Consolidates and reviews external market factors to provide insights into business performance against competitor and industry trends (benchmarking).
• Manage non-base capital commitment models, allocations, spend management and value tracking.
• Supports the financial evaluation of MADJV and other new business development activities
Process Improvement 20%
• Develop analytics and reports to support the team in driving consistent use of business support tools (JDE/SAP).
• Utilize and improve existing frameworks and reports to enhance the analytical environment in operations.
• Establish new key performance metrics where appropriate
Ad Hoc Project Support 20%
• Provide analytical support for the Business Segment/Group FP&A activity
• Active participation in various business finance initiatives and other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance or other business related degrees
• 5 years of relevant experience
• Proven commercial experience
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity
• Ability to influence, both peers and superiors
• Strong team building and interpersonal skills
• Ability develop long-term strategic plans
• Excellent MS Excel skills and proficiency in MS PowerPoint
• Ability to travel (10-20%)
• MBA or higher
• Previous experience in non-finance functions (e.g., Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing, Strategy)
• Previous SAP experience
• Previous experience with Big Data & Statistical Modelling
• Previous experience with Crystal Ball
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job