Business HR Leader
Business HR Leader-WIC03424 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
*The Business HR Leader (BHRL) for the RETAIL AND PROTEIN INGREDIENT BUSINESS CHANNELS is accountable for translating business strategies and challenges into human capital strategies, plans, HR service needs and actions. Reporting to Group HR Leader, the Business HR Leader is a key member both CHANNEL leadership teams, working closely with the Business Leadership Team. He/She will bring thought leadership and a point of view on HR strategy, organization design, leadership development, talent management, team and organization effectiveness, and change management.
The BHRL partners with HR Solutions, HR COE, Business Relationship (BRM)/Demand Managers, and their service providers, to support the delivery of consistent end-to-end HR services to the business. The Business HR Leader will use diagnostics to assess the overall human and organization health of the business.
This position will continuously engage with the Group HR Leader to ensure alignment of strategy, plans and service delivery to provide the proper balance of efficiency and effectiveness.
50% - Business Leader:
- Drive the enablement of business performance and sustainable growth including:
- Serve as a member of the Retail and Protein Ingredient leadership teams, accountable for establishing and leading a talent strategy to ensure business objectives are achieved.
- Business Partnering: Consult with business leadership team members on business issues. Demonstrate value by identifying proactive, innovative and customer-oriented HR solutions that are based on business unit objectives. Help business leaders make better organization decisions to drive strategy execution and protect business assets.
- Business Acumen: Stay abreast of business issues, and understand industry trends and best practices in the marketplace. Anticipate impact of changes on the workforce and business. Use analytics, metrics, assessments, and diagnostics as appropriate to understand and influence business and human capital decisions.
- Take positions about business issues that are grounded in sound data and thoughtful opinions. Collaborate on the development of metrics and review of data analytics to create action items and meaningful insights for the business.
- Continuously look for opportunities to drive value in the business and articulate/pursue the resources needed to support them.
- Ensure desired business results are prioritized and the organization capabilities are operationalized.
20% - Culture Steward:
Leverage resources to deliver on HR strategy, build and sustain a culture that creates competitive advantage for the business:
- Collaborate with COEs, HR Solutions, HR Performance & Analytics, and other Business HR Leaders to ensure the HR Function understands the market realities and/or needs of the business, and is effectively reacting and providing services to support those specific needs.
- Clearly articulate needs to the Group HR Leader and the BRM/Demand Management team, to ensure alignment of resources to support business strategies.
- Provide critical feedback to HR solutions domain leaders on performance and results, to ensure continuous improvement.
- Partner with HR Analytics to understand effectiveness of HR strategy; harness knowledge to improve strategy and and create actionable and meaningful insights.
- Model and inspire high levels of integrity while sustaining Cargills culture and delivering on The People Strategy
20% - Change Leader (Transformation, Integration and MADJV):
- Define change strategies and make change happen in the business.
- Build change capability in the business.
- Actively support and influence change management efforts to ensure the HR transformation and HR model is successful.
- Respond with agility to changing business priority.
- Develop strategic approaches and leverage deep expertise and knowledge in assessing people decisions for potential growth in M&A and JV activity.
10% - Talent Leader:
- Help business leaders make better talent decisions to drive strategy execution and business performance.
- Drive business results through team effectiveness.
- Partnerning with business leaders, HR COEs, HR Solutions and HR Performance & Analytics, help the business build capabilities in their talent to drive high performance.
- Bachelors degree (or country equivalent degree)
- 8 years of HR experience
- Demonstrated experience building relationships and trust, and working with a cross-functional, multi-location and culturally diverse team
- Demonstrated business acumen. Knowledge of multiple businesses, functions, and processes as well as solid knowledge of business and functional issues and proven track record to positively impact business results
- Demonstrated experience in developing customer-focused business strategies and translating them into actionable plans and delivery.
- Experience positively influencing and/or collaborating with business and functional executives while engaging the entire scope of an organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of evolving HR landscape and demonstrated capability of leading organizational change efforts
- Experience anticipating emerging issues, problem solving and implementing new business solutions, including referring critical issues to the appropriate level of management, and improving efficiency, quality, cost and productivity
- Organization, project management and problem-solving skills, utilizing sound business judgment in support of operational and strategic objectives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with experience developing and delivering succinct, clear messages to a broad range of stakeholders.
- Ability to operate with ambiguity.
- Ability to form opinions and take strong positions related to business issues, grounded in sound data and reasoning.
- Ability to understand broad business context (social, political economic, environmental, technological, demographic) and assess and articulate how these may impact Cargill.
- Ability to anticipate change, assess an organization's capacity for change and translate that capacity into effective change processes and structures.
- Capability to innovate and integrate HR practice around critical business issues, and align people, process and structure to support these innovations
- Competence in connecting people to each other and the business strategy, leveraging technology where appropriate.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time;
- Ability to handle highly confidential information
- Professional certification in Human Resources (PHR, etc.)
- Master's degree (MBA or MAIR) or post-graduate degree
- Experience working in global, multi-regional organization
- Experience working in a plant, field, or non-headquarter location
- Experience working in a merger/acquitions, joint venture or diverstiture
- Knowledge of labor and employment laws and understanding of their impact on the business
- Understanding of industrial and labor relations and collective bargaining process
- Multilingual associated with regional requirements
- Ability to build an effective and high-performing organization, by defining, communicating, and addressing capability needs.
Job Human Resources
Primary Location US-KS-Wichita
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job