Sr. Manufacturing Technology Engineer Fermentation
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Sr. Manufacturing Technology Engineer Fermentation-UNI04990 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Senior Manufacturing Technology Engineer Fermentation
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 155,000 employees in 67 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Job location(s): Multiple locations in North America or Europe are possible.
Blair NE, Eddyville, Iowa, Minneapolis, MN.
Bergen Op Zoom - Netherlands or Krefeld - Germany. Sas van Gent - Netherlands, Manchester - United Kingdom, Baupte - France and Wroclaw - Poland are also considered as possible locations.
Travel: 20 - 50%, depending on the home location.
This position is a member of the global manufacturing technology organization for Cargill Sweeteners, Starch and Texturisers.
Main purpose of the role is to provide the subject matter expertise for the design, design standards, process capabilities, hazard analysis, performance monitoring, technical training and improvements for the fermentation manufacturing technology.
In this role, you will be responsible for the technology aspects of developing, implementing and optimizing the upstream processing, microbiological cultivation and downstream processing of different fermentation products like Ethanol, Polyols, organic acids, polysaccharides, enzymes and others.
- Utilize expertise of manufacturing technology principles and practices, and partners with engineering discipline leaders to deploy necessary design requirements for a manufacturing technology that has the capability to deliver the products and / or services meeting the market requirements, and internal / external risk tolerances and standards, while achieving the best total cost to operate
- Provide leadership to monitor manufacturing technology performance metrics and goals to assess effectiveness as well as overall business impact. Partner with business operational leadership to deploy performance metrics
- Lead, define and establish auditing and compliance for the manufacturing technology
- Lead innovation in fermentation area to improve continuously performance of existing process lines
- Support delivering a technical education program for targeted audiences (such as line management, process engineers, build project manufacturing technology lead, engineering R&D) of the manufacturing technology.
- Responsible for deploying the strategy, vision, direction, long-term solution for manufacturing technology within the business group
- Through direct contact or team, develop partnership with customers / businesses to develop deep knowledge / understanding of the manufacturing setting, business product / service life cycle, environmental and sustainability impact, future growth considerations, as well as overall cost of ownership and long-term usability of assets.
- Degree in Engineering / Food Science or Microbiology / Biotechnology / Bioengineering based disciplines (or equivalent)
- At least 5 years of experience in manufacturing, engineering or R&D
- Extensive knowledge of at least one of the relevant fermentation process areas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, preferably multi-lingual
- The ability to work effectively in a matrix organization with cross-cultural and cross-functional teams
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Able to think and act across boundaries
- Ability to finalize projects and initiatives through drive and conviction
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects while effectively communicating goals, objectives and accomplishments to a broad audience
- Original and independent thinking will be needed on many aspects of process innovation e.g. new areas of process development not tried before in the industry
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location United States
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Sr. Manufacturing Technology Engineer Fermentation
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly