Dairy Sales Manager
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Dairy Sales Manager-NEW01137 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
DescriptionCargill Feed & Nutrition
develops, manufactures and markets a broad range of animal feeds and customized animal nutrition solutions direct to producers and through dealers in more than 25 countries. The business sells branded products in many species segments, including:
- Pet food
The business also includes CAN Technologies Inc., which provides technical services, technology licensing, software and management services to both internal and external customers.
The Sales Manager leads a sales team across a specific geography to develop new/existing customers, deploy and monitor tactics to reach sales targets, and ultimately grow market share. The Sales Manager works closely with the Regional Sales Leader to execute the regional and national strategies aimed at growing business and creating distinctive value in the marketplace. The Sales Manager focuses on the development of a sales team, drives engagement, and executes the region and national strategies while leading sales efforts within assigned areas.
50% - MANAGE THE REGION:
Lead the team:
- Facilitates the flow of information and communicates/informs team about market trends, competition, and cross-functional account-specific initiatives that can be leveraged across sales teams and cross- functional teams.
- Possesses an understanding of the markets in order to lead and develop Dairy Focus Consultants to successfully meet customer needs.
- Supports the identification and prioritization of product growth, and new product opportunities and services through customer feedback insights, customer needs, and business capabilities.
- Champions a culture of safety throughout the team.
- Leverages technology and other new tools to increase effectiveness of team and cost to serve.
- Directly supervises the day-to-day sales operations activities, and is accountable for growing existing customers and gaining new customers. Utilizes resources and tools such as account management and pricing execution to achieve sales goals. Creates and holds accountability for vision and goal achievement across the portfolio of products/services.
- Ensures Dairy Focus Consultants continuously build and develop relationships with external/internal customers.
- Implements and supports tactics aimed at improving effectiveness in prospecting, retaining and growing existing customers, and acquiring new, profitable customers.
Internal business partner:
- Champions the voice of the customer to internal business functions,
- Leads and is accountable for a culture of safety, engagement and winning as a team.
- Participates in cross-functional teams (i.e. engagement, TC1, safety, etc.),
- Identifies and informs organization of opportunities to improve products and processes,
- Deploys resources to meet customer needs and grow sales.
- Understands and ownership of customer segmentation and customer prioritization.
- Pricing execution to ensure customer value and return.
- Reviews and takes action to ensure proper customer and cost-to-serve.
50% - DEVELOP THE SALES FORCE:
- Accurately anticipates and forecasts personnel needs to maintain and/or grow performance of region,
- Proactively sources new sales talent to fill future needs by developing a network of potential passive candidates,
- Promote a culture of inclusion by seeking multiple approaches to source/attract diverse talent,
- Champions Cargill as an employer of choice in the local community,
- Works with HR/Talent Recruiting to fill openings in a timely manner,
- Conducts high-quality interviews to select top talent,
- Effectively explains Cargill benefits and compensation plans to candidates.
- Executes effective training and on-boarding of new Dairy Focus Consultants,
- Coaches and develops the sales team by: identifying the critical skills and knowledge required for optimal job performancs, identifying/removing barriers to performance, and providing consistent and honest feedback,
- Addresses performance issues by identifying skills gaps, implementing actionable developmental plans, and providing timely, straightforward feedback on progress,
- Grows key talent to support future business needs by creating targeted developmental plans aligned to employee's career goals,
- Promotes the “Cargill Sales Effectiveness Framework” and drives alignment to goals.
- Administers and completes Cargill Performance Measurement Plans (PMP) and establishes development goals aligned with business and sales management strategy.
- Promotes best practices in engagement; actively addresses engagement issues.
- Champions the recognition of the best contributors;
- Executes and monitors total sales compensation plans to ensure alignment to business strategy, sales goals and objectives. Ensures compensation communication is delivered timely and appropriately; and is aligned with individual performance factors, market data, and internal guidelines.
This position is posted internally as well as externally
- 4-year degree in Business or Agriculture or professional work experience within the Dairy/Agriculture Industry.
- 3 years of sales/sales management experience to include deep knowledge/experience of sales, customer development and development/implementation of sales strategies at a regional level.
- Proven experience leading sales teams.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, coach, train, and develop teams.
- Competitive mindset with track record of performance, particularly in sales.
- Strong leadership skills, creative problem solving skills and strong analytical skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office, Value Based Selling Skills, Pricing Skills and Basic Financial Understanding.
- Strong communication skills and ability to engage others.
Approx 80% of your time will be on the road, spending evenings at home
- Demonstrated ability to seek and utilize internal and external resources.
- Budgeting and business planning experience.
- Experience working on a multi-function team including sales and production.
- Experience with retail, channel management, customer/distribution development, competitive analysis, etc.
Primary Location US-NY-Batavia
Other Locations US-NY-Rochester, US-NY-Jamestown
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Dairy Sales Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly