NA Capital Procurement Supervisor - Capital Projects
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
NA Capital Procurement Supervisor - Capital Projects-BLA01159 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Strategic Sourcing & Procurement (CSSP) is a global organization with regional category teams in North America, Europe, Latin America, and Asia Pacific that, along with a strong core team and procurement alignment, is implementing new sourcing strategies to support Cargill businesses and functions. Strategic Sourcing & Procurement employees gain broad exposure to Cargill businesses as they drive tangible value for the organization.
Regional category teams are organized around 5 category areas that drive spend activity for chemicals, ingredients, packaging, plant materials and services, and corporate materials and services. Regional category teams develop and drive category strategies to leverage Cargill's global and regional position in the market, drive stronger connectivity, accountability and relationships with Cargill businesses, and clearly understand the business requirements of the businesses they support.
The primary function of this position is to lead the Capital Procurement Execution team and build, improve and implement strategies on Capital Projects in NA to deliver value to Cargill and the Businesses.:
To Identify, Develop, Promote and implement Capital Project Management Best Practices in all Cargill Bu's we serve, to maximize return on investment and consistently deliver on promises.
30% Business Relationship Management, Process Alignment, and Value Delivery
- Develop and maintain relationships with Business Stakeholders including; regular meetings to align on project lists, CSSP strategies, priorities, key opportunities and issues.
- Key member of Plant Materials & Services Leadership team, responsible for developing, improving and implementing strategies into Project Execution and making recommendations to improve Sourcing Categories.
- Responsible for approximately $400mm in capital spending and improving the value delivery of over $17mm per year. Lead the budgeting and planning process to develop goals and continuously improve value delivery.
- Responsible for escalate issues to Senior Leaders and removing barriers for the Capital Execution Team.
- Ensure alignment between Procurement, Capital Effectiveness, Legal, BU Engineering, and Sourcing Categories.
- Lead project planning sessions to thoroughly understand BU/Project requirements, technical & commercial background information & sourcing support needs. Participate in IPA reviews, project close-outs and other industry/benchmarking discussions.
40% Strategy/Process Development, Training, and Ensuring Execution
- Develop, improve, and ensure use of processes and systems including; Procurement Deliverables, Procurement Plans, Contracting Strategies, Contract Templates, Ariba Process, Negotiation Templates, Capex Tracker, Value Tracker, Arena, Capex Database, Bid Templates, Instruction to Bidders, Quality, Transportation, Training Documentation.
- Lead procurement plans for the projects, have procurement plans documented and define procurement staffing requirements (tactical & operational) for the project portfolio.
- Lead development of the negotiation strategy for the different bid packages, guarantee Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) approach; coach the project buyers to maximize value of negotiation process.
- Facilitate cross BU/Country sourcing events and the implementation of projects.
- Drive compliance with select suppliers.
- Implement CAPEX sourcing policies and procedures.
30% Supervision, Performance Management, and Talent Development
- Accountable for performance management, talent development, succession planning and engagement of the procurement team. Accountable for setting and managing the budget of the procurement team.
- Supervise on behalf of the project team the proper execution of the major contracts during the full life cycle of each project.
- Guarantee availability of the procurement staff. Lead internal or external recruitment of the required project buyers.
- Set objectives and communicate to procurement staff. Responsible for aligning overall team resources to execute against short term and longer-term strategies and meeting strategic sourcing and project/BU objectives. Provide overall guidance and procurement work expertise to the team, individually, or through subordinate supervisors.
- Lead alignment of CSSP category leads to ensure implementation of category strategies, to deploy Sourcing/ procurement Best practices & to maximize value delivery.
This position is posted internally as well as externally
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8 years of experience related to capital projects, project management and engineering and/or sourcing experience.
- Large project management & capital expertise - knowledge of the market, suppliers and cost drivers
- Critical thinker with strategic perspective and results oriented mindset
- Interpersonal skills and ability to engage and communicate with internal and external stakeholders at senior levels
- Persuasive change agent capable of effectively challenging conventional wisdom
- Ability to influence, work effectively and implement solutions in a team environment
- Understanding of plant operations needs and requirements of key business and functions across multiple categories
- Experience with key service suppliers and ability to develop beneficial relationships
- Strong negotiation skills
- People management experience with ability to motivate and develop people.
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing
- Prepared to travel 25 % of your time, mainly within US and Canada
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- ERP knowledge, specifically in SAP SRM, ECC (Enterprise Control Component) and MRP
- Knowledge of Process Improvement Tools and Processes (i.e. Lean, Six Sigma)
- Process Engineering and Project Management Experience.
Job Strategic Sourcing & Procurement
Primary Location US-NE-Blair
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for NA Capital Procurement Supervisor - Capital Projects
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly