Production Supervisor-FUL00226 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
As consumers examine food labels in an effort to eat “healthier,” the pressure is on the food industry to create products with improved nutrition profiles. Consumers don't want to compromise on taste, texture or mouthfeel but they are watching total fat, saturated and trans fat content. Cargill's oil and shortening portfolio can help you meet your product nutrition goals. Cargill's offerings include high oleic sunflower oil, canola oil, vegetable shortening, peanut oil, palm oil, corn oil, oil blends and many more options.
Cargill's vast food ingredient portfolio, deep level of consumer insight and decades of experience in formulating and reformulating food products are at your service. We look forward to applying what we have and what we know to helping you create on-target food products that are winners with today's more nutrition-savvy consumers.
The Production Supervisor I will provide operations experience and management skills in the daily direction and efficient performance of area production activities in a Foodservice Packaging operation. This position is responsible for providing leadership to the production staff which includes coaching, personal and professional development and creating a highly effective team environment.
This position is responsible for developing production area standards and goals while ensuring compliance with Cargill, the Business Unit and facility policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
Manage day-to-day operations, including supervision and development of direct reports to include: full human resource management responsibilities for operators, such as hiring, scheduling, motivating, handling employee relations issues, and processing employee related paperwork. Develops and coaches employees using Cargill's Performance Management Process (PMP) as well as managing the disciplinary process.
25% Operational Efficiency
Drives customer solutions and services, product quality, quality notifications, and food safety. Reviews, monitors, and follows up on area results to ensure quality, food safety, and efficiency goals are met. Troubleshoots causes of customer issues or production problems and collaborates with other functions to provide efficient and effective resolution. Ensures availability of consumable supplies and provides communications to ensure the procurement of necessary supplies. Recommends and implements operating efficiencies within plant.
Includes managing department costs and usages to remain within budget. Develops a portion of the production budget for the plant.
Manages expenses and provides monthly budget report, including explanation of unusual items.
Builds employee engagement through positive working relationships and promotion of an enthusiastic and open atmosphere where employees will want to offer their ideas.
Manages Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) program and compliance within production area.
Oversees coordination of maintenance activities with respect to product planning, including planning and monitoring plant shutdowns. Works with Technical and Product Development groups to analyze plant capabilities versus customer needs and wants.
- Bachelors Degree (engineering, sciences, or business preferred) OR in lieu of degree must have a minium of 5 or more years of manufacturing experience.
- One year of supervisory experience or demonstrated leadership experience, such as crew leadership, project leadership or equivalent.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal functions (maintenance, sales, logistics, accounting), contractors, suppliers, auditors and customers.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including ability to build highly effective teams
- Proven conflict management skills
- Basic understanding and knowledge of HR practices, including EEO, Guiding Principles, etc.
- General knowledge of production management with ability to develop understanding of plant processes and operational needs
- Demonstrated ability to develop employee accountability and engagement.
- Proven performance and ability to apply Cargill's policies and procedures in the areas of safety, environment, health and food safety.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately set priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Occasionally requires light work outside in a plant environment. On-call required.
- Light physical activity including standing, walking, climbing and lifting.
- 3 or more years experience in a packaging environment.
- 5 or more years supervisory experience.
- Experience managing capital projects.
- Experience with Lean/Continuous Improvement activities.
- Proven ability to behave in accordance with Cargill values and ethics.
Primary Location US-CA-Fullerton
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job