Feed Grains Cash Trader
Feed Grains Cash Trader-MIA00126 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
This position is accountable for the Feed product line Origination and Risk Management. This role, together with other members of the desk, analyzes internal and external worldwide market information in order to manage trading positioning in basis and freight for the Business.
The position also participates in feed physical sales to Latam customers, executing different Feed flows and supply chains from different origins to many destinations within the region leading the coordination with other Cargill offices, freight department, regional offices and functions within the business group and enterprise.
The role requires close interaction with key and strategic Feed customers within the region where we provide Price Risk Management and Supply Chain Management solutions.
Finally, this position is responsible for supervision of freight/logistics/coordination with regional teams.
• Research information via constant communication with main origination offices in order to determine best alternative for the region.
• Buy physical product and freight from origination offices. Discover best alternative, trade, negotiate and execute sales in coordination with other functions.
• Participate in Feed trading (Basis and Freight).
• Product line position and exposure daily management (physical and freight).
• Discover, create and present value propositions to selected customers.
• Manage communication and relationship to deploy PRM (Price Risk Management) & SCM (Supply Chain Management) solutions for target customers.
• Determine fob/freight backstop for other merchants at destination including quality specifications and market analysis. Research, analyze and communicate fob/freight information.
• Deal, negotiate and resole customer claims
• Consolidate and report regional supply and demand to other Cargill offices within the enterprise.
• Bachelors degree (finance, economics, math or international business preferred)
• Speak, read and write Spanish & English on a business level.
• Minimum two years of experience in commodity trading, banking (M&A, capital markets, project finance), asset management, risk management or account management.
• Experience in commodity industry (Supply chain and trading)
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• Open to travel
Do you want to know what attracts top trading talent to be with Cargill? Do you want to know what a trader's, a merchant's and an analyst's key job responsibilities are? Do you want to know what traders, merchants and analysts do on a daily basis? Do you want to know what different career paths individuals have developed towards?
The good news is that we have interviewed our Cargill Agriculture Supply Chain global trading, merchandising and analytics talents and have made their career stories accessible via below links for you.
Job Trading & Merchandising
Primary Location US-FL-Miami
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job