Electrician, 1st & 2nd Shift
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Electrician, 1st & 2nd Shift-MIL00821 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Meat Solutions
Cargill Meat Solutions is the umbrella organization of Cargill's North American beef, turkey, and food distribution businesses. Our businesses based in Wichita, Kansas, provide wholesome, high quality, nutritious and flavorful products to customers ranging from foodservice operators and grocery stores, to food manufacturers and export markets. These businesses employ more than 32,000 people in the US and Canada, who work at dozens of processing and support facilities.
At Cargill Beef, we know that our customers don't just sell products; they sell the reputations behind those products. Our customers provide people with something that they crave and love and it's a product that we love, too. And we understand how deeply the quality of our red meat connects to our customers' reputations. After all, it's our reputation, too. We have been innovating for the last 150 years to bring our partners new solutions that help nourish the world. We continue to aggressively pursue improvements and produce real results that impact not only our operations but our industry, employees and the world around us. By continuously improving our products, processes and services we are ensuring a better, more sustainable future for our employees, for our customers, for our communities and for our company.
This position is responsible for performing a wide variety of electrical installation and repair work on plant electrical systems (equipment, and buildings). The maintenance electrician plays a vital role in the ongoing Maintenance and Reliability effort by executing the scheduled work, repairing failed equipment, and providing feedback and comments for improvement. The maintenance electrician is responsible for the faithful execution of work in compliance with all codes and regulations. This role also requires troubleshooting, ensuring proper maintenance and operational status of equipment, using a variety of hand tools to set up, break down, adjust production line machinery, and performing other duties pertaining to hydraulics and pneumatic controls, high voltage wiring and motor repair, all while making safety the number one priority.
While performing the duties of Electrician, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts in a fast paced cold environment. Positions require standing the entire shift and the use of PPE is required in all areas of the facility
- 75% - Performs work assigned by supervisor
- 5% - Identify follow-up work and parts required
- 5% -Assist in development and implementation of new systems
- 5% - Complete, Sign and return Work Order to Maintenance Supervisor complete with; Work Description, Symptoms, As Found, As Left, Start / Finish time, and Labor Hours and Note Deficiencies, Delays, any Job Plan Feedback
- 5% - Help promote and communicate Maintenance and Reliability to the Organization
- 5% - Other duties include housekeeping, safety training, and meetings
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Electrical or Industrial maintenance experience
- Associates of Arts or 2 year technical degree in Electronic or Electrical work
- Experience with Pneumatic or Hydraulic systems
- Experience using work order systems
- Previous Cargill experience
- Work history in the past 12 months
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Maintenance and Reliability
Primary Location US-WI-Milwaukee
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Electrician, 1st & 2nd Shift
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly