Species Technology Leader - Poultry
Species Technology Leader - Poultry-ELK00187 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Premix & Nutrition develops, manufactures and sells customized animal nutrition products and services for customers primarily focused on beef, dairy, ruminants, poultry and swine. With 56 production centers in 31 countries, it also provides technical services, technology licensing, software and management services to customers. Some of its branded products include Provimi®, Akey®, Vigortone®, Citura®, Neolait®, Nutral® and Nutron®.
The Species Technology Leader (STL) Poultry is embedded in the SMT (Strategic Marketing and Technology) organization in Cargill Animal Nutrition. The STL will be responsible for effectively applying new products, services and solutions (NPSS) into our CPN and CFN businesses. This person will lead/support global projects based on the strategic choices made by the poultry core team and lead NPSS application into the businesses. Effective leadership in developing, deploying and understanding nutrition technology, along with working and leading people is critically important. The STL Poultry will need to apply their unique skills and experiences to impact our diverse global business and meet business goals.
50-60% Technology Application:
- Lead the application of nutritional technologies to the local market by working closely with the Technology, Marketing and/or Commercial Leaders in CFN and CPN businesses. Responsible for leading leaders in the application of global nutrition technologies to local customer segments and is accountable for business results. This role will also play an important role with local application teams (formulation, technology, sourcing, operations) through training and ensuring proper application of existing and new nutrition technologies through reviews.
20-25% Technology Leader & Talent Development:
- Provide the technology leadership to our global business as an extended team member. Lead training and development for technical roles located in CFN and CPN businesses. Contribute to the CAN 2020 strategy to develop industry leading practitioners.
25-30% Technology Offering & Portfolio Development:
- Lead or support the development of global offerings in the poultry portfolio. This can include model and tool development work and the development of new nutrients. The STL will be responsible for understanding how to best align new or existing nutrition technologies to the customer need &/or proposed benefit. The STL will work closely with strategic marketing and R&D to ensure connectivity and the right projects are in the portfolio to support the CAN poultry strategy.
0-10% Customer Management:
- Work directly with select Strategic Accounts as needed. This may include Cargill Animal Protein businesses, Strategic Accounts of the Animal Nutrition Platform, or Cargill Corporate Accounts.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- M.Sc. in Animal Nutrition or related field.
- Experience (at least 3 years) in applying nutrition technology in the feed industry and/or on production farms.
- Experience leading leaders, providing coaching and developing talent.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and develop relevant nutrient systems with on-farm applications.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to ever-changing markets and customer needs and, in turn, apply relevant technology accordingly.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal in English.
- Approximately 30 % traveling is required for this function.
- Ph.D. in Animal Nutrition or related field.
- At least 5 years in applying nutrition technology in the feed industry and/or on production farms.
- Experience in different geographies and cultures.
- Fluent in other languages, such as Mandarin or Spanish.
Job Information Technology
Primary Location US-MN-Elk River
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job