Retail Warehouse Location Manager
Retail Warehouse Location Manager-ELI00013 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Based in Pennsylvania, Cargill Cocoa & Chocolate North America offers the food industry a wide range of both standard and custom cocoa and chocolate ingredients to be used in food manufacturing, bakery, confectionery, and dairy applications. Our product range includes high quality Gerkens Cocoa Powder, Wilbur Chocolate, Peter's Chocolate and Veliche Belgian Chocolate. Our facilities in the US and Canada are fully dedicated to produce in accordance with the highest food safety standards.
The Retail Warehouse Location Manager is the champion for delivering outstanding inventory management and customer service while understanding the operational and economic realities of the location. This position will own all facets of the warehouse location operations as well as the management and development of the location employees and management of temporary staff. This includes, but is not limited to: material needs, inventory receipts, shipping, and storage; packing production, web store traditional order channels, and call center. The employee in this role will be the lead inventory management “super user” in Netsuite. This position will also be responsible for location plans that will align with the function plans/strategy. This is an exempt salaried position.
40% Location Management and Leadership
- Accountable for direct performance management, talent development, offers succession planning ideas, and engagement of the location employees
- Manages and provides coaching and/or training to team, including coaching Cargill core values, personal safety, environmental stewardship, community involvement and development of specific competencies/skills
- Participates in selection of direct reports and other departmental employees; determines resource needs and creates business case to support needs, plans for future workforce needs at the location, all while taking budget parameters and departmental (Retail Operations) structure into account.
- Monitors location operations and creates and drives a team & culture dedicated to continuous improvement and performance excellence.
- Manages building maintenance and safety materials (food and employee)
- Manages Crowe communications & outside vendors directly associated to the warehouse location
40%--System and Data Management/Process Optimization/Sales Promotion Assistance
- Identifies solutions to problems with current processes and procedures driven by the system - focused on the warehouse location but also department (Retail Operations) wide. Once solutions/processes are determined, cascades information to the broader team. Records processes.
- Provide recommendations for improvement and optimization of the Netsuite system and focuses on the development of metrics to be delivered from the system. Once metrics are determined and reportable, cascades information to the broader team
- Assists in the creation and management of various product promotions and campaigns
20%--Retail Operations Management Team Member
- Works with the Retail Management Team to align ideas and processes across the department to drive results with the function plan & strategy.
- Is a model of behavior that reinforces the operating philosophy and the desired culture, values and plan of the function & BU
- Creates an environment of safety, collaboration, accountability and innovation
- Reinforces customer focus
- Champions a culture of engagement and strong communication
- Minimum = Associate's degree or at least 3 years of similar product related shipping and warehousing. Warehouse and customer service experience shipping product directly to the consumer.
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience
- Warehouse/Logistics Operations experience
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills
- Demonstrated organizational and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with a customer service focus
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer systems and an understanding of promoting through social media channels
- Demonstrated ability to influence without direct supervision
- ERP experience: preferably Netsuite and SAP
Job Supply Chain Management
Primary Location US-PA-Elizabethtown
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job