1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Maintenance Superintendent-SAI00407 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Our Cargill Salt business produces, packages and ships salt for a wide range of market segments:
- Water conditioning
- Chemical and packaged ice control
We operate more than 20 manufacturing, processing and warehousing locations that make salt from three major production methods:
- Mechanical evaporation at facilities in the U.S. in California, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, New York and Ohio
- Solar evaporation and harvesting from ponds in California, Oklahoma, Utah, Bonaire in the Dutch Antilles, and Los Olivitos, Venezuela
- Rock salt mining from underground mines in Louisiana, New York and Ohio
Cargill Salt services a variety of customers ranging from home improvement, hardware, grocery, and convenience store retailers, to food makers/processors, water conditioning dealers, and foodservice and general wholesale distribution. We make more than 1,000 different salt products and package sizes. In addition, we market national and regional brands, including Diamond Crystal® branded household consumer food and water softener salt products, Champions Choice® branded agricultural products for animal feeding, as well as Cargill® and Alberger® branded specialty salt products for food manufacturing customers.
Cargill Salt focuses on equal employment opportunity, and inclusion and diversity when recruiting, making sure we attract candidates from all backgrounds. We believe to be a successful organization, it is essential that our people reflect the rich cultural, ethnic and gender diversity of our markets. We understand that a culture of flexibility is at the heart of work life balance for our people. Our Work Life Integration program provides people with the flexibility needed to meet their personal and professional goals.
The Maintenance & PowerHouse Superintendent is responsible for the continued implementation and leadership of maintenance and reliability strategy for the St Clair, MI facility. Activities include development, alignment & implementation of reliability excellence practices/strategy; proactive maintenance and repair; project planning, contractor/vendor management; best practice application, training and support; and people management. This position is a key leader in creating and managing change in the organization as well as the operations management team. This position is responsible for driving the improvement of plant reliability-championing the continued move form reactive to proactive maintenance and applying knowledge and experience to ensure continuous improvement to optimize the company's physical assets and maintenance and reliability processes and strategies. The incumbent will manage and further develop groups of people including exempt production supervisors.
Execute site business strategy, continuous improvement efforts, and best practices across the facility and BU through effective leadership and partnership with other Maintenance Team Leaders, COEs, and functional business partners. Develops and implements strategies to identify, prioritize, and implement proactive maintenance and asset reliability improvement processes and projects.
- 30% Leads the deployment of maintenance related Reliability Excellence activities across the plant and ensures the reliability culture is foundational to operations. Enforces common reliability processes and metrics (focus on reliability improvement, eliminating the root-cause of reliability problems, etc) to achieve targeted results from continuous improvement practices, and validates the importance of Reliability Excellence through key successes (i.e. scorecard and metrics control, total cost of maintenance, total cost of ownership, review of compliance audits, etc).
- 25% Supervises and provides coaching to Production Supervisors including coaching Cargill's core values and guiding principles. Develops planning for future production workforce needs and participates in selection of employees. Responsible for developing strong leaders and a more diverse workforce by seeking multiple approaches to source/attract diverse talent. Implements Plant/BU operational/reliability/safety training programs and controls/monitors employee performance records on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Accountable for production talent development and responsible for successful training and on boarding of new/transferred employees as well as workforce engagement, recognition, development and coaching. Implements systems and processes to maintain a highly engaged workforce. Holds direct reports accountable for actively addressing engagement issues and for identifying/leveraging best practices in engagement. Applies disciplinary actions when needed.
- 15%-Responsible for the facility maintenance budget and for using maintenance and reliability principles to improve the facility costs and productivity.
- 15%-Utilizes leadership and expertise in the principles of Root Cause Analysis and Reliability Centered Maintenance to create an environment of continuous, aggressive defect elimination program that drives asset reliability improvement. Reviews, analyzes, and develops conclusions in regards to maintenance/reliability maintenance metrics and performance. Leads and/or supports audit compliances, root/cause analysis processes within the maintenance team, which includes tracking and reporting on established metrics for a more complex site/plant/facility (i.e. Asset Health index; Total Maintenance Cost/RAV; Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE); and audits compliance).
- 15%-Manages ongoing maintenance/ reliability related projects (i.e. asset reliability/defect elimination) utilizing a deep knowledge of maintenance and reliability practices and procedures. May directly lead/oversee general project planning, cost estimation and tracking & payback justification. Recommends/approves selection of contractors/vendors. Manages, analyzes more complex maintenance vendor issues and contract administration. Oversees and ensures that reliability design criteria is included and adhered to basis total cost of ownership and reliability requirements.
If selected for an interview, you will be required to submit signed copies of your last two performance reviews. (A completed e-PMP is considered a signed copy.)
- Bachelor's Degree OR in lieu of a degree a High School Diploma/GED with minimum 10 years technical experience.
- Minimum 7-10 years of combined experience between operations management and project management.
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-functional teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (including the ability to present information to a formal group)
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems using formal maintenance & reliability techniques to evaluate systems, equipment, and failures
- Demonstrated ability to organize and implement projects that improve the operational effectiveness of an operating facility.
- Experience using Reliability Centered Maintenance techniques, Cause Analysis, and Predictive Maintenance technologies (e.g. Vibration analysis, infrared, acoustic emissions, tribology, etc.) to create a proactive work environment that is focused on continuous improvement at best cost.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and Environment regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Certified Maintenance Reliability Profession (CMRP) certification
- Qualification on Predictive Maintenance Technologies
- 10 years' experience in engineering or operations
- Demonstrated ability to develop local business plans, measures, and objectives based on overall goals and objectives.
- 10-hour OSHA training
- Working knowledge of Food Safety
- 2 years' experience directly supervising maintenance employees.
- Prior experience utilizing a computerized maintenance management system to manage maintenance activities.
- Experience with continuous improvement tools such as 5 Why analysis, cause/effect mapping, 5S strategies, etc.
- Application of precision maintenance techniques
- Familiar with reliability centered maintenance techniques
- Familiar with condition monitoring technologies and planning and scheduling processes to create a reliable plant.
- Technical Skills:
- Informance/OSI-PI, i-Fix
- Energy knowledge
- Ability to travel as needed
- Light Work: Applying up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a small amount of force constantly to move objects. If use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
- Climbing, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Reaching, Standing, Walking, Finger dexterity, Grasping, Feeling, Talking
Job Maintenance and Reliability
Primary Location US-MI-Saint Clair
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Maintenance Superintendent
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly