DBI Solution Architect
DBI Solution Architect-HOP04057 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The DBI Solution Architect is responsible for definition and execution of the solution architecture for DBI projects. Architects execute project architecture reviews to ensure alignment with Cargill's target DBI architecture and ensure development standards and guidelines are followed.
The DBI Solution Architect will provide support to the Lead Architect and Enterprise Architects in development and maintenance of reference and target DBI architectures for Cargill.
75% - DBI Project Solutioning and Delivery
- This role is responsible for the design and delivery of the technical architecture of DBI solutions in addition to the overall solution architecture for each assigned project.
- Ensure that the project solution architectures align with the enterprise DBI target architecture positions and patterns
- Ensure alignment to established documentation standards and design patterns
- Participates in performing current state assesments and creation of DBI Roadmaps for key stakeholders
- Comfortable spanning multiple projects at the same time
- Involvement in complex, high risk, high visibility projects or new technology enablements
10% - DBI Enterprise Architecture Alignment
- Provides support in definition and maintenance of DBI technology positions, patterns and principles, reference architectures, target architecture, and standards.
10% - Architecture Reviews
- This role will be responsible for the coordination and execution of architecture reviews
- Architecture reviews ensure alignment to the target architecture as well as to understand and determine approval for variations
- Responsible for the creation and maintence of standards, naming conventions, best practices for DBI solutions
5% - Project Estimation
- Participates in creation of high-level estimates for prospective DBI solutions typically as part of the Cargill IT Demand Management process.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or equivalent experience
- 7 years of Business Intelligence architecture, development and/or management experience
- Experience working in a fast paced and challenging environment, with multiple complex projects going on at one time
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving complex issues
- Experience performing design and development reviews
- Experience balancing priorities between multiple complex projects concurrently
- Demonstrated ability to define architectural concepts and standards
- Experience loading external data to Hadoop environments using tools like MapReduce, Sqoop, and Flume
- Experience working with very large data sets, knows how to build programs that leverage the parallel capabilities of Hadoop and MPP platforms
- Experience with SAP BusinessObjects BI suite of tools
- Experience in *nix environment (e.g., ssh and standard commands)
- Experience with SQL languages
- Experienced with at least one scripting language (e.g., bash/python)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in data modeling concepts
- Business fluency in English
- Experience with Oracle, SQL Server and SAP HANA database platforms
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience with Microsoft PowerBI
- Broad understanding of object-oriented and functional programming paradigms
- Good understanding of the Hadoop ecosystem and low level constructs
- Understanding of Big Data technology; current on new ideas and tools
Job Information Technology
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job