Production Supervisor-COL00392 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Turkey & Cooked Meats facilities utilize state-of-the-art beef, pork and turkey processing capabilities to deliver high-quality meat products to our partners. Advanced technologies and imaginative people create innovative solutions and distinctive value for our customers. Our retail customers come to us from traditional grocers, supermarkets and warehouse clubs to provide their meat and deli needs. We provide innovative solutions for their fresh meat case, frozen meat departments, deli counters, and more.
Cargill Turkey & Cooked Meats in Columbus, NE
has an exciting opportunity for a Production Supervisor. This position is responsible for production hourly team members as they work to attain production and quality goals while ensuring the safest working environment possible. The person in this position is responsible for managing and owning various functions of the business and creating an engaged and team-oriented workforce in order to improve business results.
A high performer in this position will identify problems or bottlenecks in production processes and resolve issues; ensure production resources (including materials, equipment, and human resources) are available as needed to maintain product schedules; support continuous improvement goals in safety, quality, cost, and customer service.
Operational Leadership (40%)
- Ensure effective and efficient operations with a culture of continuous improvement. Maintain the production practices that support the food safety program in the facility. Monitor product quality and production operations to meet customer expectations.
- Champion safety processes, ergonomic efforts and creating an environment where all team members hold each other accountable for keeping their co-workers safe. Actively work to prevent/eliminate hazards that cause injury or illness.
Engaged Employees (30%)
Create an environment where all are expected to be active members of the team - involved in the business. Recognize and celebrate successes. Challenge people to be better than they thought possible. Create opportunities for growth and development. Ensure an inclusive environment that is representative of the local market.
- High School Diploma or equivalent certification
- Must have effective interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
Must have demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving skills.
Must be able to work flexible hours, including some weekend work as assigned. Schedule will be 12 hour days with a rotation schedule - 3 days one week / 4 days the next week (5pm - 5am).
Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, and Excel).
Demonstrated skills of team building, conflict resolution, innovation and change within the work force.
Effective communication (verbal, written, presentation) skills at multiple levels of employee and customer organizations.
- 4 year degree in Business or related field strongly preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing/production environment
- Bilingual skills
- Previous experience with computerized timekeeping system (such as Kronos) preferred.
- Supervisory experience.
Primary Location US-NE-Columbus
Job Type Standard
Shift Evening Job