Machine Operator- 2nd Shift
Machine Operator- 2nd Shift-HOU00393 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The machine operator position is a key role to the success of the Cargill Metals business unit. A successful candidate must have a dedication to safety, quality, be detailed oriented, customer focused, be able to communicate effectively, have the ability to motivate others, be an effective trainer, and be motivated to meet the production goals of Cargill Metals by operating a steel processing cut-to-length line.
The successful candidates job duties will include, but are not limited to, the following: safely operate plant equipment by cutting steel coils in steel sheets and plates, reading and comprehending paperwork, the use of basic mathmaical skills, use of a micrometer, use of a measuring tape, participate in various safety programs, have computer knowledge, and be effective in a high paced team environment.
50% Safely operate a steel processing cut-to-length line within Cargill's policies, procedures, and governmental regulations, while exceeding customer expectations
20% Properly identify material and maintain efficient paperwork for inventory management.
10% Work closely with maintenance personnel to ensure production lines are operating safely and efficiently.
10% Communicate quality and service issues to sales persons and supervisors. Commitment in quality, innovation, engagement, and cost control efforts for continuous improvement.
10% General cleaning and warehouse duties as assigned.
-Capable of lifting 50 pounds repeatedly with proper ergonomic form.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, multiple shifts and weekends.
- Be able to work without sitting (other than breaks) for entire shift.
- Basic math skills, reading of micrometer, and tape measure.
- Computer knowledge.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Must be able to work flexible hours.
· Proven ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Proven ability to adapt to change
· Proven ability to accurately and consistently execute complex and detailed processes and procedures
· Must have the ability to work in a plant environment
· Must have basic computer skills
· Minimum one year of experience operating steel processing lines, preferably cut-to-length lines
· Some Post High School education
· Overhead crane operating experience
· Some supervisory experienceEqual Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-TX-Houston
Job Type Standard
Shift Evening Job