Senior Technical Service Manager
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Senior Technical Service Manager-WAY05577 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Technical Services Manager for Dairy will deliver value for Cargill Texturizing Solutions by:
1. Using category expertise and direct customer relationships to identify and execute new business development projects with food and beverage manufacturers, particularly in the Dairy category
2. Providing technical support for the Dairy category by working with Product Line Management in AMCAS, EMEA, and Asia, regional R&D resources and other Cargill shared resources.
3. Identifying, implementing and coordinating training programs for the AMCAS R&D and commercial teams.
4. Applying market knowledge, customer insights, and technical expertise in the Dairy to inform the CTS Product Line strategies and identify growth opportunities in the AMCAS region. This includes managing a portfolio of new business development and support projects on behalf of the Product Line and Technical Services teams, as well as supporting innovation efforts.
5. Identifying and executing new business development projects through direct relationships with key customers, direct management of projects, and by providing technical and market expertise to support other Sales and Technical Services colleagues. This may include colleagues in other regions and businesses.
1. Use category expertise and direct customer relationships to identify and execute new business development projects with food and beverage manufacturers, particularly in the Dairy category, through direct relationships with key customers, direct management of projects, and by providing technical and market expertise to support other Sales and Technical Services colleagues. (50%)
a. Hunt for new opportunities aligning customer needs and market drivers with our capabilities by developing deep relationships with customers and providing technical credibility that drives differentiation and innovation.
b. Present technical information in public forums (webinars, industry functions and associations, short courses, etc.)
c. Act as a technical representative for Cargill Texturizing Solutions and may represent Cargill on an Enterprise level as the primary technical tag to a Cargill enterprise customer.
d. Troubleshoot issues with ingredients, formulations, processes, assist in resolving customer complaints, etc.
e. Provide deep ingredient knowledge of the CTS portfolio as applied to Dairy applications
f. Provide direct customer technical service and conduct/assign applications testing as needed
g. Prospect for new opportunities aligning customer needs and market drivers with our capabilities by building technical credibility that drives differentiation and innovation
h. Serve as the technical leader on projects teams
i. Lead the communication on new application opportunities to the commercial team
j. Provide advice on matching competitive products to customers and Technical Services and Sales colleagues
k. Develop and lead training programs and technical presentations for customers, business partners and internal teams
2. Provide technical support for CTS product lines used by the Dairy category by working with Product Line Management in AMCAS, EMEA, and Asia, regional R&D resources and other Cargill shared resources. (25%)
a. Work with the AMCAS Product Line Managers to support the development of products to meet customer needs, support the product line business plan, and maintain a portfolio of NBD projects to drive CTS ingredient sales
b. Work with other AMCAS R&D and Marketing/Sales (3-pack) resources who support the Dairy category to maintain a consistent level of technical support, an updated project portfolio, and useful sales collateral material
c. Serve on project teams for Dairy-related initiatives as needed to support NBD and NPSS projects.
d. Assist maintaining and reporting on NBD projects in Salesforce & Delivery Office
3. Identify, implement, and coordinate training programs for the AMCAS R&D and commercial teams. (25%)
a. Identify regional, team, and individual training needs using the employe engagement process, focus groups, and team discussions; Present options and gain alignment with the CTS AMCAS R&D Leadership Team
b. Represent the AMCAS region in the Global R&D Texture U program; enlist AMCAS resources to execute content development and delivery; provide feedback to the global team
c. Lead R&D's contribution to the AMCAS Texture U program in the Dairy category; identify Sales & Marketing product and technical training needs and incorporate those into the program; identify other training vehicles for Sales, Marketing, Product Lines, and customers such as webinars, briefs, etc.
d. Explore and contribute to industry appropriate external training courses
• Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Food Technology, Chemistry or a related field of study
• 10 years of Technical Service/Sales or Food Applications lab experience.
• Proven track record of commercial success driven by customer focused technical projects as related to Dairy.
• Demonstrated technical depth and/or breadth in Dairy applications, testing, and sourcing, including those related to CTS ingredients.
• Willingness to travel approximately 50%.
• Effective communication of in-depth technical information to all levels and disciplines both internally and externally.
• Ability to work in a food lab and food production environment.
• Ability to develop customer relationships and trust through technical knowledge and expertise.
• Ability to represent Cargill and coordinate customer interaction across multiple business units for a large customer interacting at highest levels of customer organization.
• Ability to anticipate customer needs or problems to proactively defend or build business.
• MS in Food Science, Food Technology, Chemistry, or a related field of study
• An existing network of relationships with large multinational customers and dairy producers
• Strong working knowledge of hydrocolloids global supply chains, supply and demand, and competitive landscape
• Project Management experience
• Demonstrated ability to form and lead teams through influence to execute projects
• Excellent presentation skills and proficiency in oral & written communication
• Experience with developing training programs and successfully training othersEqual Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Research and Development
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Other Locations United States, US-GA-Atlanta
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Senior Technical Service Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly