AEI Specialist (Automation Engineer)
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
AEI Specialist (Automation Engineer)-FOR02815 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Starches & Sweeteners North America
From frosting on birthday cakes to the fuel in your car, Cargill Starches & Sweeteners North America (Starches & Sweeteners NA) is a part of your life in more ways than you would imagine. Leading national brands choose Starches & Sweeteners NA to develop, manufacture, and deliver ingredients that differentiate their food and beverage products in the marketplace. In addition, Starches & Sweeteners NA unlocks the goodness of the common corn kernel to create ingredients that are used in cattle feed, plastics, food packaging and medicines. Starches & Sweeteners NA also markets its own national brands, such as Truvia®, a zero-calorie sweetener, and Sweet Bran®, a value-added cattle feed. BIOasis™ is a feedstock co-location partnership program that offers over the fence product to bio-processing and biotechnology companies. Starches & Sweeteners NA employs more than 2,400 people and operates facilities in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Tennessee and Texas.
As a member of the extended reliability team both within Starches & Sweeteners NA and Cargill, the Automation, Electrical, and Instrumentation (AEI) Specialist II interacts with internal and external centers of expertise to ensure reliability centered maintenance and engineering principles are utilized within their department and site. The AEI Specialist II is responsible for the execution of automation solutions in support of projects primarily at the local site, but can also at times be utilized at other Starches & Sweeteners NA sites. This position is expected to work as part of a centrally focused team implementing projects based on corporate defined best practice standards and guidelines. Provide design expertise in the areas of automation, electrical and instrumentation for projects based on current best practices using approved components and standards. Provide expertise and/or support for internal and external resources during the execution of projects.
45% Execution of automation solutions used for controlling plant process. Will involve design and configuration of control systems and oversight of electrical and instrumentation functions related to projects. Provide troubleshooting expertise in the areas of AEI in support of the plant, as well as manage the troubleshooting tools and documentation. Will be required to obtain knowledge of plant processes.
25% Design and Implement control strategies based on current best practice standards and approved components. Investigate, design, write and complete projects that will improve productivity or process reliability.
20% Work with fix/support team to identify areas in need of improvement and reliability. Provide and participate in training for completed projects.
5% Provide programming and configuration expertise to support site projects. Participate in Root Cause Analysis efforts and solutions.
5% Any other duties as assigned.
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technical discipline or Associate's Technical degree plus minimum 3 years AEI experience
- or minimum 5 years AEI experience in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least two disciplines of AEI.
- Ability to update and troubleshoot a range AEI systems.
- Ability to read and update electrical schematics, loop diagrams and process control narrative.
- Design, implementation and troubleshooting knowledge of plant digital bus technologies.
- Work well in a team or individual environment and be a self-starter.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with minimum supervision and meet deliverables.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Certified Automation Professional (CAP) Certification through Instrument Society of America (ISA).
- Knowledge of reliability centered maintenance, planning and scheduling.
- Knowledge of predictive technologies (MCE, vibration, infrared, ultrasound, machinery lubrication).
- Experience with Corn Milling equipment and processes.
- An understanding of continuous and batch process control strategies.
- Must be able to configure and program a variety of control systems including Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), and Human Machine Interface (HMI) systems.
- Automation Experience (e.g. DCS control systems, Emerson AMS, DeltaV, IEC 61131 and other programming languages).
- Instrumentation Experience (e.g. Temperature, Flow, pH, O2, Pressure, control valves).
- Electrical Experience (e.g. 15KV distribution switchgear, transformers, breakers, motor control, UPS).
- Basic understanding of National Electric Code (NEC), IEC standards and ISA standards.
Primary Location US-IA-Fort Dodge
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for AEI Specialist (Automation Engineer)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly