Risk Investor Group Trader
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Risk Investor Group Trader-HOP03894
Cargill Trade & Structured Finance's (TSF) objective is to create additional value for Cargill and its customers. Today, with over 300 professionals in 19 locations, TSF works with customers in over 80 countries to provide them with customized financial solutions. TSF's structuring expertise aids in mitigating documentary, cross-border and credit risks associated with trade finance.
In addition to meeting Cargill's own trade finance and trade related funding needs, TSF also optimizes Cargill's physical trade flows to generate trade finance derived liquidity in emerging markets for customers. TSF is also engaged in proprietary trading of financial products.
TSF brings high standards of risk management and operational excellence to the customer. Our understanding of the commercial aspects of global trade and financial institutions has allowed us to build innovative funding solutions to tackle specific customer objectives.
Trade and Structured Finance Group (“TSF”) is one of many business groups within Cargill whose objective is to create innovative financial solutions through trade finance tools for banks and corporate customers, as well as “tailored-made” financial products for both Cargill buyers and suppliers, in emerging / uncharted markets.” TSF is recognized as one of the leading trade and commodity finance organizations in the world of banking and finance.
The purpose of the Risk Investor Group (“RIG”) Trader is to develop and maintain investor relationships within banks and non-banking institutions involving the sale of Trade Finance and Commodity Finance transactions, with a focus on corporate and financial institution risk. The person will be required to develop and maintain relationships with counterparties at trader level and at senior management level. Responsibilities will include regional coverage of current counterparties in the Americas and related developmental work. Daily contacts will include bank relationship managers, trade finance, credit managers and internally with Cargill's forwarders and traders, TSF originators, structurers & global RIG traders, Transaction Management, Global Head of RIG and regional TSF managers.
We are looking for an articulate, self motivated and naturally innovative person keen to make a long term career move into a very transactional driven and intellectually challenging environment within a well respected and profitable global team. The candidate will demonstrate a strong interest and personal accountability for the business and a strong ability to articulate structures internally and externally to investors.
60% - Management of investors and energetic distribution of trade assets.
15% - Development - establishing new investor relations and expanding existing ones vertically and across products.
10% - Global co-ordination with other traders within TSF.
10% - Direct communication with Business Units inside Cargill handling LCs and other customer financial solutions.
5% - Dedicated Focus on Innovation ideas and development of new product strategies.
- Minimum of 3 years of financial services or commodity industry experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Highly numerate, with the ability and experience to understand complex financial products and transactions
- Self motivated, with strong personal organizational skills
- Willingness to constantly innovate and learn new products and skills and to drive change when needed
- Ability to persuade and influence at different levels within and outside of the organization
- Ability to express, understand and discuss complex concepts with fluency, in spoken and written English.
- Ability to work effectively in global teams
- Ability to think on ones feet
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time
- 5 years of financial services or commodity industry experience
- Master's Degree
- Multicultural experience, ideally acquired while living overseas
- Experience in other commercial Business Units within Cargill.
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Risk Investor Group Trader
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly