Maintenance B Technician
Maintenance B Technician-EMP00066 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Position is located in Emporia, KS. No relocation assistance is provided.
At Cargill Feed & Nutrition we provide customized animal nutrition solutions to customers across the Americas, Europe and Asia. We operate some of the most technologically advanced plants in the world, but they can't run by themselves - we depend on creative, responsible, hard working individuals like you. At Cargill we have a culture of safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones every day. We also believe that employees must have the opportunity to do what they do best so as part of the application process, you may be asked to complete an online assessment. This will help us understand the things that you do better than others - the talents that you rely on to succeed.
This position is responsible for maintaining optimum asset health for all plant equipment, systems, and structures by performing inspections, repairs and modifications to equipment and structures of feed facility. Responsibilities include:
Perform maintenance work in area of expertise.
Perform routine plant maintenance.
Perform preventative maintenance.
Maintain maintenance records and assist in plant production as needed.
Safety - responsible for safety of themselves and teammates.
- Must be able to read/comprehend English.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Excellent Math Skills.
- Proficient in following areas as defined by the Maintenance Exam: Mechanical Aptitude, Mechanical Repair; Welding, Electrical.
- Ability to obtain boiler certification within one year.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a plant job.
- Two years of practical experience in each of the 3 areas of specialization.
- Computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) experience.
Primary Location US-KS-Emporia
Job Type Standard