2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Automation Engineer-HAM00788 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The AEI Specialist role will support and improve the reliability of plant electrical distribution systems. The position will act as the member of a team to support automation solutions in the business unit primarily at the local site, but can also assist at remote sites. Responsibilities will include fix/support and small projects for automation, electrical and instrumentation systems. The AEI Specialist will also support electrical work done at site as well as support safety , food safety, and environmental betterment.Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, day to day troubleshooting, reliability centered maintenance, Root cause analysis, documentation, and electrical system upgrades.
Troubleshooting automation solutions used for controlling plant process. Will involve configuration of control, electrical and instrumentation systems. Will participate in an on-call rotation for after-hours support.
Work with fix/support team to identify areas in need of improvement and reliability. Provide and participate in training for completed projects.
Implementation of projects in a way consistent with Cargill project procedures, best practices and standards. Work with a project teams on electrical projects, and demonstrated ability to implement technical solutions and best practices locally, and throughout the organization.
Training and development courses by HR, vendors and outside consultants.
Troubleshoot hardware/software problems related to root cause analysis techniques. Implement processes to improve equipment reliability.
Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or Equivalent Technical Certification, in field of Electrical or Automation
- Experience with DCS (distributed control systems)
- Electrical Systems experience
- Automation and Instrumentation knowledge
- Investigate, Design, Write and complete projects that will improve productivity or process reliability.
- Provide programming and configuration expertise to support projects.
- Management of troubleshooting tools and documentation.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis efforts and solutions.
- Willingness to learn how a corn wet milling facility functions (both the processes and the service groups). Continuously gain knowledge and experience in automation, electrical and instrumentation.
- Four years electrical systems experience
- Direct experience with Delta V, RS3, Yokogawa or Allen Bradley/Rockwell distributing control systems
- Reliability Centered Maintenance experience
Primary Location US-IN-Hammond
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Automation Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly