Additive Sales Manager
Additive Sales Manager-BRO00076 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Premix & Nutrition develops, manufactures and sells customized animal nutrition products and services for customers primarily focused on beef, dairy, ruminants, poultry and swine. With 56 production centers in 31 countries, it also provides technical services, technology licensing, software and management services to customers. Some of its branded products include Provimi®, Akey®, Vigortone®, Citura®, Neolait®, Nutral® and Nutron®.
The Additive Sales Leader will be a member of US Citura Team, aligned closely with the US Strategic Marketing and Technology (SMT) and species commercial teams. The position's primary focus is to grow the additives business, which is a key part of the CPN US business portfolio. This position will lead the additives sales process within the Citura Go-To-Market brand and be responsible for execution of the go-to-market strategy for additives, engaging with our commercial sales teams, and interacting with key customers. The successful candidate will work closely with multiple teams to champion compelling additive offerings for customers in selected segments and ensure results are achieved.
Sales Leadership and Execution: Lead the additive sales process within the Citura additives sales team. Hire, train, and coach additives sales force. Participate in the sales process as support or sales leader with key customers as required for success of the additive growth strategy. Engage, train, and inform others on the commercial go-to-market team on the successful application of nutritional additives.
Coordination: Coordinate the additives sales process with the US commercial species teams. Ensure alignment of go-to-market activities around additives sold through Cargill, Provimi, and Citura teams. Support and lead the additive go-to-market and sales strategy and planning for selected categories and/or species of application.
Marketing Execution: Coordinate with SMT additive product line managers on the tactical needs for strategy execution and help deliver the appropriate collateral and educational materials to support training and sales. Analyze sales data to ensure sales goals are being achieved.
Product Positioning and Development: Lead the sales team in defining the competitive landscape and value package positioning for the sales organization to successfully grow additives. Work closely with strategic marketing and technology team to identify and prioritize product growth and new product development opportunities through customer feedback and insights on customer needs.
Technical Leadership: Engage with appropriate technical teams and SMT teams to develop and validate the value package, including input on tools, services, and products. Ensure clear, value-based technical information is produced, shared and understood by commercial team members, to support the credibility of and confidence in our offering.
- Bachelor's degree in Nutrition, Animal Science, Ag Business, or closely related field
- 10 or more years of sales experience within Animal Nurtrition or Ag related field.
- 2 or more years of proven experience leading, mentoring, developing and/or influencing high performance teams
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time depending on business needs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proficiency with customer communication and sales processes
- Demonstrable experience or aptitude for understanding and explaining application of performance additives and/or related technologies to technical and commercial audiences
- Organized, self-starter with demonstrable aptitude to set and follow priorities, and manage multiple concurrent projects, and increase financial contribution from products
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people who play technical, sales, and functional support roles
- Demonstrated ability to understand and successfully solve business problems in a customer-focused environment
- MS and MBA in Nutrition or related field
- Experience in sales and marketing, related to performance additives or similar high value nutrition products
Primary Location US-OH-Brookville
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job