Sr. Technical Services Specialist - Cargill Salt
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Sr. Technical Services Specialist - Cargill Salt-HOP03970 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Our Cargill Salt business produces, packages and ships salt for a wide range of market segments:
- Water conditioning
- Chemical and packaged ice control
We operate more than 20 manufacturing, processing and warehousing locations that make salt from three major production methods:
- Mechanical evaporation at facilities in the U.S. in California, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, New York and Ohio
- Solar evaporation and harvesting from ponds in California, Oklahoma, Utah, Bonaire in the Dutch Antilles, and Los Olivitos, Venezuela
- Rock salt mining from underground mines in Louisiana, New York and Ohio
Cargill Salt services a variety of customers ranging from home improvement, hardware, grocery, and convenience store retailers, to food makers/processors, water conditioning dealers, and foodservice and general wholesale distribution. We make more than 1,000 different salt products and package sizes. In addition, we market national and regional brands, including Diamond Crystal® branded household consumer food and water softener salt products, Champions Choice® branded agricultural products for animal feeding, as well as Cargill® and Alberger® branded specialty salt products for food manufacturing customers.
Cargill Salt focuses on equal employment opportunity, and inclusion and diversity when recruiting, making sure we attract candidates from all backgrounds. We believe to be a successful organization, it is essential that our people reflect the rich cultural, ethnic and gender diversity of our markets. We understand that a culture of flexibility is at the heart of work life balance for our people. Our Work Life Integration program provides people with the flexibility needed to meet their personal and professional goals.
In this Technical Services Specialist role, the individual will assist Cargill Salt achieve their food strategy initiatives by working closely with sales to help identify customers' salt and sodium reduction needs or other market trends (e.g. sea salt). With marketing and technical support, this individual will coordinate efforts to understand the role of salt in food applications to help differentiate Salt's products in the market, capture IP and provide customer solutions. Working with Food Safety, Quality, Regulatory (FSQR), this role will help Salt maintain or improve product quality and address customer issues.
50% Work with Salt sales to develop customer account plans to deliver salt and sodium reduction solutions that help meet Salt's business strategy. Build deep relationships with customer, especially within their R&D and FSQR organization.
20% Engage with other Cargill Enterprises' technical and sales teams, to leverage technical resources and customer relationships. Work collaboratively with Cargill technical shared services on customer and research projects, and innovation
15% Support Food Strategy by working closely with Marketing/Food Product Line Manager to create media content, sales tools, new products, innovation, IP portfolio, etc.
10% Collaborate with Salt FSQR & R&D to identify and address customer needs (e.g. quality, specifications, technical challenges) and support other functions (e.g. operations, marketing).
5% Engage external research facilities to identify research opportunities that will advance Salt's / Cargill's technical and regulatory knowledge
- Bachelors Degree or higher with 5 or more years of food processing experience OR Masters degree with 3 or more years of food processing experience.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time depending business needs.
- General food science and application knowledge.
- Ability to design experiments, formulate (product development) and troubleshoot food science/application problems.
- Proven innovation and creativity.
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and computer skills.
- Strong customer focus, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Focused food science knowledge in one of three target categories; protein (meat, dairy, egg), dairy/cheese, and/or grains (bakery, cereals).
- People management experience with strong demonstration of cross-team collaboration, facilitation and mentoring skills
- Project management experience
- Experience working with academia or other research institutes, government agencies and non-government agencies
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Research and Development
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Sr. Technical Services Specialist - Cargill Salt
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly