Business Development Manager - Enhanced Oil Recovery
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Business Development Manager - Enhanced Oil Recovery-WAY05524 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
From frosting on birthday cakes to the fuel in your car, Cargill Starches & Sweeteners North America (Starches & Sweeteners NA) is a part of your life in more ways than you would imagine. Leading national brands choose Starches & Sweeteners NA to develop, manufacture, and deliver ingredients that differentiate their food and beverage products in the marketplace. In addition, Starches & Sweeteners NA unlocks the goodness of the common corn kernel to create ingredients that are used in cattle feed, plastics, food packaging and medicines.
Starches & Sweeteners NA also markets its own national brands, such as Truvia®, a zero-calorie sweetener, and Sweet Bran®, a value-added cattle feed. BIOasis™ is a feedstock co-location partnership program that offers over the fence product to bio-processing and biotechnology companies. Starches & Sweeteners NA employs more than 2,400 people and operates facilities in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Tennessee and Texas.
The Business Development Manager - Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) position is responsible for driving growth of Scleroglucan (a specialty biopolymer) for EOR by incubating and executing on a diversified portfolio of customer-focused development projects. The position coordinates all commercial activities to achieve earnings projections, and is responsible for collaborating cross-functionally as a member of the leadership team.
35% Customer Relationship Management:
- Primary, pro-active contact for all global customers: Build relationships with technical and commercial organizations at targeted customers. Identify new customers and markets for commercialization.
- Manage customer adoption. Understand customer specific requirements to optimize (prioritize) internal product development projects - to most optimally serve unmet customer needs.
- Forecasting: Lead bottom up analysis for each customer project volume demand and work cross-functionally to plan production and manage the scale-up schedule.
- Negotiate/manage all external confidentiality, material transfer and supply agreements.
25% Market Development:
- Develop and execute strategy for marketing/brand management and customer segmentation.
- Research and engage in industry related events and publications/announcements.
- Maintain awareness of EOR market development, including current and planned global EOR projects. Build/maintain target list of customer-specific reservoirs where EOR solutions enable distinctive value. Monitor, evaluate and develop strategies for competitive market threats.
- Maintain superior understanding of EOR market drivers, potential opportunities and intellectual property. Communicate these within the organization and make proposals on how to act, react, manage, and prioritize opportunities.
25% Value-Based Sales Management:
- Execute value-based pricing on distinctive product functional benefits (vs. competitive alternatives).
- Manage and optimize portfolio: Align product and service offerings to meet evolution of external market demand (environment).
- Direct technical support priorities - to accelerate/de-risk customer-specific projects.
- Support technology team in planning for manufacturing scale-up by evaluating potential external manufacturing opportunities or using existing internal assets to meet customer demand.
15% Key Project Team Member:
- Commercial Analysis: Provide “voice of customer” to enable cross-functional prioritization of action plans/projects. Develop business case for the projects through market research and/or direct customer interviews, forecast supply and demand of target market, competitive reaction, and value chain analysis.
- Technology Analysis: Coordinate with Research and Development (R&D) and Intellectual Property groups and lead cross functional team to identify key technology risks/opportunities and implications on the business case.
- Financial Analysis: Engage in financial analysis (Discounted Cash Flow (DCF)) to evaluate potential options and aspects of any negotiated deals; in alignment with Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) tools.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher - preferably in a in technical field (i.e. Engineering or Science) with a minimum of 8 years of work experience in Oil Field markets; strategic development, planning and commercialization (execution) of innovative products or technologies and marketing strategies -OR- an Advanced Degree with a minimum of 5 years of work experience in Oil Field markets; strategic development, planning and commercialization (execution) of innovative products or technologies and marketing strategies.
- Experience in Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) applications.
Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time depending on business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate confidentiality, material transfer and supply agreements.
- Superior communication skills (written, oral and presentation), with demonstrated ability to interact effectively with senior level executives internally and externally.
- Experience in developing strategy and product portfolio review.
- Experience developing and executing a clear marketing/commercialization plan.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to move forward (execute) on ideas and projects despite ambiguity.
- Experience working in a cross-function, matrix organization where building stakeholder alignment is critical to success.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving, analytical and financial modeling skills.
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment as the situation demands.
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time.
- Microsoft Office suite experience
- Master's Degree
- Advanced Technical Degree (i.e. Engineering or Science).
- Demonstrated strong relationships within the Oil Field (EOR) Industry.
- Demonstrated ability to grow sales and commercialize new products within the Oil Field Industry.
- Experience with competitive polymer (polyacrylamides) and EOR service solutions.
- Experience in fermentation process technology and bio-polymers.
- Ability to predict emerging trends in Enhanced Oil Recovery applications.
Job General Management
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Business Development Manager - Enhanced Oil Recovery
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly