Director of Sales - Personal Care
Director of Sales - Personal Care-JER00004 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill's texturizing solutions business specializes in the production of texturizing ingredients that link the core food-building blocks (proteins, lipids, carbohydrates and water) into finished foods and beverages. Our nature-derived ingredients portfolio is comprised of extracts from major crops (starches, soy proteins and lecithins), seaweeds (carrageenans and alginates), fruits (pectins and locust bean gum) and sugar fermentation (xanthan gum). These specialized ingredients are also applied to offerings in the personal care, pharmaceutical and industrial categories.
Through our expertise in origination, global supply chains, research and formulation, we help our customers achieve consistent product quality at an affordable price.
Our texturizing business is operational in all continents with 31 sales offices and 20 manufacturing plants:
- Native and modified food starches and spray-dried specialty starches/ maltodextrins are produced in plants located in Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, France, Spain and the United States.
- Soy proteins are produced in plants located in the United States.
- Hydrocolloids are produced in plants located in France, Germany, Morocco and the Philippines. Functional Systems are produced in plants located in China, France, and the United States.
- Lecithins are produced in plants in Germany, the Netherlands and in the United States.
The FIBI Enterprise is committed to increase sales and earnings in the Personal Care Industry. This position will play a leading role to drive profitable growth for Cargill Personal Care by identifying and leading actionable business opportunities developed from market information and customer insights.
The Sales Director Personal Care North & South America will be responsible for the development of commercial/business strategies and tactics to execute functional business plans strategy, vision, and goals. Leads and provides direction for a diversified/stable portfolio of products/services and customers spanning across the Americas region. He/She will Ensure strategic coordination of demand creation and fulfillment across BU/Platforms.
The Sales Director leads, advises, and makes decisions on all major aspects for his/her regional sales organization with a moderate leverage over capital and across multiple commercial/functional models and is directly accountable for profitable growth, market strategy and development, client satisfaction and retention.
This will typically include leading, developing and establishing the development of sales strategies and may have direct/indirect execution oversight of demand fulfillment processes (i.e. demand planning, operational capacity, customer services operations) to achieve revenue growth and customer/client satisfaction objectives as well as maximization of financial product line profitability.
10% - DEFINE & EXECUTE THE SALES STRATEGY FOR NA/SA PERSONAL CARE:
- Analyze the EMEA region in term of potential by country and per customer segment
- Based on the overall Personal Care Strategy, establish and implement a commercial strategy accordingly, including business objectives and the choice and management of distribution partners
- Define action plan for all direct accounts and allocate resources
- Define priorities for the Portfolio Go-to-market approach
- Establish and develop a high performing sales leadership team in the North and South America regions.
- Collaborates with businesses and functional leaders (i.e. Platform and BU Leaders) to anticipate, identify, and assess emerging industry trends, business opportunities, and potential value creation and optimization generated from innovation discoveries.
20% - MANAGE THE COMMERCIAL APPROACH:
- Be accountable for realizing the yearly commercial goals (revenues, profitability, market shares…)
- Constantely analyze the competitive landscape and exchange with the relevant BUs within Cargill to adapt the offering accordingly
- Drive a sales culture that leverages deep consumer and market insights
- Directly establish and define high-level priorities in order to achieve sales volume objectives as well as strategic performance standards for the sales organization.
10% - INNOVATION
- Gather and aggregate customers and market needs in term of innovation, products requirements, regulatory constrains
20% - CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Establish/Grow relationships with the Key Accounts in the region and drive exchanges with their upper management when required
- Drive successful tactics for customer prospection, satisfaction and retention
- Directly provide leadership and oversight across a diversified/stable customers/products interfacing with a fewer functions such as supply chain, customer services operations, operations as well as leverages technology advancements and product innovation development.
40% - PEOPLE LEADERSHIP AND TALENT MANAGEMENT
- Accountable for ensuring that all people processes are executed (i.e. performance, development, talent, compensation, etc.), and decisions are made at the appropriate places.
- Uses knowledge and experience to provide leadership and coaching to subordinate leaders on conducting people process activities.
- Develops succession plans, makes talent decisions, and provides leadership in the selection and approval of direct staff.
- Delivers, completes and oversees Cargill Performance Measurement Plans (PMP) and establishes development goals aligned with business and commercial management strategy. Identifies and develops key talent to support future business needs.
- Coaches and develops the commercial management team and defines career growth paths (directly or indirectly). Identifies skills gaps and creates targeted developmental plans. Provides straightforward feedback; addresses performance issues by implementing actionable developmental plans and executes for all employees.
At Cargill, we believe that employees must have the opportunity to do what they do best everyday. We want to understand the things that you do better than others - the talents that you rely on to succeed. As part of the application process, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. The assessment will help us determine whether our jobs will allow you to use your unique talents to their full potential.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Minimum of 10 years of commercial/sales experience to include experience in the personal care industry
- Experience in developing and/or leading sales teams
Successful completion and passing of online sales assessment within 7 days of application date
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and business development skills
- Proven experience on how to get things done within a matrix organization
- Experience with cross-functional and multi-cultural teams
- Ability to translate industry/ market trends into new opportunities and solutions
- Ability to effectively communicate & partner with customers
- Experience in building competitive advantage through the use of technical capabilities and by providing creative innovations and solutions
- Customer focused mindset
- Good interpersonal & enquiring skills
- Adaptable and broad perspective
- Persuasive and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Bachelor's degree preferably in economics, business administration, marketing and/or technical discipline is a minimum
- Master's Degree
- Team Management experience
- Basic understanding of one or more personal care applications
- French and/or Spanish speaking
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-NJ-Jersey City
Other Locations US-NJ-Hoboken
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job