Regional Strategic Marketing and Analytics Manager
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Regional Strategic Marketing and Analytics Manager-MIN04783 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Regional Marketing and Analytics Manager will develop and lead the Market and competitive intelligence of the Starches and Sweeteners Group in order to maximize overall profitability. Provide a consistent forward looking view with strategic focus. Understanding threats from competitors and markets and opportunities arising. Accountable for revenue growth through identification of business and market needs, competitive and market intelligence, sizing of opportunity spaces and the development of the analysis of the external environment. Developing, aligning and translating opportunities into specific projects . Member of the senior Strategy & Business Development team, which is directly accountable for profitable growth.
35% Identification/justification of innovation opportunities
- Lead identification and synthesis of regulatory, environmental, market, consumer and Cargill trends to identify directions for general business growth.
- Interacts with industry at large and specific customers to develop unique insights regarding market opportunities.
- Ensure opportunity space sizing and clarity on the specific solution spaces validated by market justification for investment.
- Work with commercial marketing and product line colleagues to ensure compelling value propositions on new innovations.
- Lead market mapping and understanding of S&D picture for solution spaces.
- Collaborate with R&D and commercial leadership to populate product line architectures (PLAs).
- Participates with other parts of the organization to assess and propose capabilities needed. Ensures project scope is captured in project scoping documents that allow team to consistently deliver on project objectives.
- Identification of today's and futures market needs. Understands business needs and provides consultation and direction to influence decision maker
25% Competitive Intelligence to guide tactical and strategic decisions
- Explore business needs for competitive intelligence to inform important business decisions and ensure process is in place to deliver needed competitive intelligence.
- Influences organization to create channels of communication to develop industry-leading competitive intelligence system/approach.
- Consolidation of market outlook of traditional and future markets including customer and segment trends
- Creates market intelligence on traditional and future markets. Create competitive intelligence on traditional and non traditional competitors
- Works with FP&A to acquire and digest perspectives regarding our competitors and inform the Cargill leadership with clear views of what this means to the Cargill organization.
- Works with FP&A to provide a complete perspective on internal and external dynamics that inform/enable strategic pricing and channel cost curve actions.
25% Leadership in Strategy Development/Direction
- Lead market analysis and synthesis of related business trend data that allows for decision making and choice in Group strategy.
- Directly or indirectly conduct STEEP, SWOT and additional broad analysis of our business context to help inform business direction.
- Active member of business strategy teams and may lead parts of strategy development.
- Work with local and global product line managers to assess current business performance, business potential and choose how to win actions needed.
- Collaborate with Strategy lead to assess and do initial consideration of MADJV game board candidates
- Influence and ensure alignment of the ingredient reputation management.
15% Team leadership
- Provide leadership to develop a high performing Market & Customer Intelligence Organization.
- Provide leadership and talent management across the team
- Build out Strategic Workforce planning .
- Attract, Select and Onboard talent
- Develop and retain talent.
- Plan for Succession of key Talent
- Align and optimize the deployment of Market & CI resources within S&S Group, as well as leveraging other Cargill and external resources.
- Develop goals and measures for effectiveness.
- Execute key people processes such as compensation management and engagement.
- Responsible for and Manage the M&CI budget and ROI
- Provide leadership and talent management across the team
- Bachelor's degree
- 10 years combined strategic marketing or commercial experience - minimum 5 years in a commercial/marketing leadership position
- Demonstrated customer-facing experience in a B2B environment.
- Develop thorough knowledge on specific industries
- Ability to see, understand and create insights from trends in the marketplace.
- Able to translate research learning into insights & recommendations for the business
- Can assess market opportunities with financial rigor.
- Strategic and tactical thinker, who can see and plan ways to enlarge our market or gain competitive advantage
- Analytical, financial and logic skills to organize/present rationale for proposed business choices
- Fluency in English language is a must have
- Ability to get things done through others. Lead through empowerment
- Play-to-Win mentality.
- Degree involving strategic marketing and Master's degree involving strategic marketing, economics or MBA preferred
- >15 yrs marketing/competitive intelligence and related team leadership
- Demonstrated success in managing teams.
- Experience in product lines or markets at all stages of life cycle.
- Influencing organization to grow in new directions.
- Knowledge of food, feed and bio-industrial industries, Familiarity with related consumer and customer trends ,
- Knowledge of starchy and hydrocolloid ingredients and sweetening, texturizing and health concepts
- Awareness of key differences in food, feed and industrial market applications.
- Understanding of market trade flows and price/cost levers.
- Knowledge about key industry personnel and associations.
- Carbohydrate / protein / fibers product knowledge
Primary Location US-MN-Minneapolis
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Regional Strategic Marketing and Analytics Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly