CIS Global Segment Leader
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
CIS Global Segment Leader-UNI04929 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Increasingly, manufacturers are looking for naturally-sourced, renewable ingredients to formulate products that are environmentally friendly and appeal to today's eco-conscious consumer. Whether your goal is to create a low VOC paint formulation, vegetable oil based esters, a cost-effective hydraulic fluid, or a bio-based adhesive, Cargill Industrial Specialties offers the green chemistries you are looking for.
We also appreciate that functional requirements need to be balanced with reliable supply and reasonable cost. For this reason our customer teams include technical, R&D, and risk management professionals who can:
• Recommend the optimal chemistries for your applications, from lubricants, base oils, and esters to innovative, renewable low-VOC products.
• Source product from our own processing plants worldwide to ensure consistent quality, and low cost.
• Provide inventory and supply chain management tools to maintain consistent, reliable supply
Responsible for the strategy and execution of the product line activities for CIS in order to achieve business growth thru definition of customer value proposition, demand creation, customer satisfaction, portfolio optimization, development of marketing strategies and maximization of the financial product line profitability of our Industry segment.
50% DEFINE & EXECUTE CUSTOMER VALUE PROPOSITION/ PORTFOLIO OPTIMIZATION, REALIZATION & PRIORITIZATION
• Defines, establishes, and implements the customer-centric value proposition of the portfolio of products and customers by applying market and industry knowledge as well as commercial/business acumen. Uses expert knowledge of supply & demand economics, market segmentation, and business capabilities to determine where profit opportunities exist and can be capitalized upon.
• Leads and supports the design development and execution of strategic and tactical delivery solutions that sustain the growth of the portfolio of products while reflecting trends and needs of customers and consumers. Utilizes data and information to support operational forecasting and strategic decision making and innovation.
• Leads and champions the development and implementation of the value-added, customer-centric innovate solutions and strategic plans aimed at exploring customer's competitive intelligence, unforeseen needs, and immediate requirements. Directly involved in all aspects of developing and overseeing execution of business strategy planning processes.
• Makes decisions or influences those directly or indirectly involved on capacity planning; market targeting and selling strategies; as well as competitive pricing strategy.
• Leads the product portfolio innovation pipeline and realization by coordinating and driving the creation of new products. Direct responsibility on the R&D team and in close collaboration across the Commercial Managers of the business to ensure alignment of project priorities.
• Optimizes and prioritizes the strategic direction needed to achieve overall portfolio operating and profit margins goals. This typically includes formulating strategic long/medium-term outlook objectives and leveraging solution ideation streams and strategic alignment across multiple customer and product/services interfacing functional areas, spanning from technology development, supply chain management, operational capacity and demand planning as well as strategic pricing and sales strategic alignment.
• Defines and implements the development and execution of the strategic marketing plan to drive the business development and maximize growth in the respective area of accountabilities. This includes understanding market size, sales cycle dynamics, competitive landscape, channel strategy, and customer buying behavior. Responsible for the strategic establishment and implementation of marketing strategies to support business objectives and value-based selling.
• Responsible for developing the branding and communication strategy as well as overall execution of the communications and promotion efforts for the portfolio of products and services.
• Influences and collaborates with the most senior members of the sales team and cross-functional leadership to enable increased profits through resource allocation across the portfolio.
• Leads marketing activities (Product, Price, Promotion and Channels). Has overall ownership for metrics and results of analysis to drive value in marketing output and product performance.
20% COLLABORATE ON THE SALES STRATEGY, CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP AND SOLUTION MANAGEMENT
• Active collaboration on sales culture that leverages deep costumer and market insights. Collaborates with businesses and
• functional leaders (i.e. BU/Functional Leaders) to anticipate, identify, and assess emerging industry trends, business opportunities, and potential value creation and optimization generated from innovation discoveries. Sustains rapport with key accounts making periodic visits, exploring specific needs, and anticipating new opportunities.
• Influence sales and account planning strategy. Leverages internal/external BU sales organization structure and develops new processes to improve effectiveness in prospecting, cross selling, up selling, management of renewals and strategic high risk accounts.
• May participate directly in key large sales opportunities and/or renewal or retention of most strategic customers.
• Collaborate with the Commercial Managers to provide high level and strategic oversight to the sales management team to continuously build and to develop integrated relationships with customers
• Jointly with the sales team could:
- Pursue direct relationships with strategic customers and clients to support the development of deep customer rapport as well as relationships with internal business and functional leaders to develop a broad and deep understanding of customer markets, and applies broad knowledge to integrate operational capabilities and lead the identification, proposal, development, and execution of customer solutions.
- Identify and constructively communicate the need for improvements or enhancements in products and services offered to clients. May directly manage escalated client and complex issue situation to a positive result, anticipating issues, and developing contingency plans.
• Works through embedded and/or non-embedded commercial management teams to ensure effective alignment and oversees
• execution of sales/marketing/technology
• May directly/indirectly drive collaboration with operations, procurement and scheduling at facilities or centralized groups to ensure production supply meets customer demand.
30% MAXIMIZE AND MEASURE FINANCIAL PRODUCT LINE PROFIT & LOSS RESULTS & PERFORMANCE
• Leads and defines strategic product line business objectives and directives to ensure that existing business is managed proactively to mitigate risks, to identify growth opportunities, and to expand margin within Mexico.
• Accountable for identifying, overseeing and executing capital projects (i.e. such as green field or expansions; acquisition, joint ventures, or agreements) and for maintaining “best” cost position by achieving revenue, retention, and margin growth.
• Responsible for achieving financial and non-financial product line results and for measuring the direct financial results and impact for a business requiring a limited leverage over capital and resources across simplified processes and business models and is directly accountable for profitable growth, market strategy and development, client satisfaction and retention.
• Responsible for defining, implementing and analyzing financial and non-financial metrics. Financial metric examples include: P&L, ROI, gross margin, etc. Non-financial metric examples include: scorecards for safety, talent development, productivity, product volumes, customer service results, production throughput, etc. Manages the financial elements of the defined product line, including budgets, product margins, credit risk, and capital investments as well as accountable for managing the business risk.
• Directly establish and define high-level priorities in order to achieve sales volume objectives as well as strategic performance standards for the sales organization. Foresees changing market conditions and adapts/creates new performance metrics that will effectively drive desired performance.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
• Bachelor's Degree (preferably in a technical field)
• 10 years commercial/marketing experience in B2B business environment
• Knowledge/Experience on marketing processes (preferably in Industrial or Chemical industry)
• Financial analytical background
• Strong end-to-end business knowledge
• Demonstrated project management capabilities
• Fluency in English
• Strong influencing and communication competencies
• Ability to translate markets trends and drivers into business opportunities and threats
• Strong Project and Change Management experience
• Ability to inspire people from different functional areas
• Tenacious, hands-on mentality, capable of executing under pressure
• Analytical proficiency to derive insights from large and complex sets of business data
• Strong negotiation skills
• Ability to travel as needed
• 15 years minimum commercial/marketing experience in B2B business environment
• Experience working in a specialty chemical business
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-MN-Plymouth
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for CIS Global Segment Leader
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly