- Contract Type
- Full Time
Operations Superintendent-MIL00813 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Beef has an opportunity for an Operations Superintendent, located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. This role supervises, trains, and develops direct reports and also leads safety and process efficiency initiatives for our Cargill Beef. This position is accountable for the general operational responsibilities in the Grinding/Map area. The operations team produces frozen beef products as safely and efficiently as possible while meeting all corporate, customer, and government requirements.
This role also requires a high degree of collaboration with Maintenance / Engineering, Technical Services, and Human Resources to effectively serve our customers, stakeholders, community, and the overall corporation. Ensures all products meet quality, cost, volume and service delivery requirements. Engages the workforce to create a culture focused on safety and accountability, and to ensure an inclusive environment where people are developed. Operates as a good corporate citizen through community involvement and giving. Establish business plans, manage costs and produce financial returns that meet or exceed the expectations of the company.
Operational Leadership: Ensure effective and efficient operations with a culture of continuous improvement.
Maintain the production practices that support the Food Safety program in the facility. Oversee daily operational activities including shipping, receiving, and inventory control. Monitor product quality and production operations to meet customer expectations. Maximize raw material utilization and optimize best possible return (product yield) at the lowest possible costs (labor, packaging, operating supplies, etc.)
25% - Safety:
Champion safety processes, ergonomic efforts and hold everyone accountable for keeping their coworkers safe. Actively work to prevent/eliminate hazards that cause injury or illness.
20% - Engaged Stakeholders:
Create an environment where all stakeholders are expected to be active members of the team. Involve stakeholders in the business and hold them accountable to expectations. Recognize and celebrate successes. Challenge people to be better than they thought possible. Create opportunities for growth and development. Ensure an inclusive environment that is representative of the local market.
- Maintain customer relations by ensuring product quality specifications are met. Interface with customers on plant visits and audits.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong listening / communication (verbal and written) - ability to connect with a variety of audiences.
- Strong people management skills - ability to engage, develop and motivate a large workforce.
- Ability to lead by holding self and others accountable; delivers on commitments.
- Demonstrated team building and conflict resolution skills. Ability to drive innovation and change within the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Engineering, Business or related field.
- Meat processing and/or beef patty experience.
- 3 years of leading teams in a labor intensive manufacturing environment (operations, maintenance, technical service, etc).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows, and capacity to learn new computer systems.
- Experience building a culture of teamwork, collaboration, accountability and the empowerment of stakeholders.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-WI-Milwaukee
Job Type Standard
Shift Evening Job