Corporate FP&A Sr. Analyst
Corporate FP&A Sr. Analyst-WAY05542 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (Corp FP&A) group at Cargill has an analyst opportunity focused on Corp FP&A priorities and partnering closely with Business Operations and Supply Chain (BOSC), a new organization in Cargill, responsible for enabling Cargill's businesses to most effectively and efficiently create value for Cargill's customers. BOSC will align key areas of our operations and supply chains to create a truly strategic, agile and responsive organization that is driven by continuous improvement and high performance. The teams that come together in Business Operations & Supply Chain represent all of the capabilities of a robust supply chain approach, product development; demand planning, supply planning, sourcing and procurement, manufacturing, and logistics and distribution.
As a senior analyst within the collaborative Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis group (Corp FP&A), you will strengthen analytical and communication skills while having the opportunity to demonstrate creativity. This role is involved in a wide range of FP&A activities, including analyses and publications for senior management, the board of directors and external audiences, as well partnering closely the BOSC organization defining key metrics, understanding drivers, providing a point of view on future value and business case creation. All of these responsibilities continue to develop a broad perspective of Cargill and enhance financial skills.
Perform various financial analysis projects, including special projects and technology enabled projects to improve effectiveness and efficiency - 50%:
• Develop insightful presentations that summarize data and facilitate decision-making
• Prepare publications, presentations, business results commentary and analyses for board of directions, senior management and external audiences
• Calculate and report business unit performance metrics, research questions, coordinate with business and functional departments
• Identify new analyses to bring perspective to the data
• Prepare special projects and analyses for senior management
• Partner with platforms and functions in preparation of analyses
• Utilize and improve existing frameworks and reports to enhance the analytical environment
• Support corporate-level financial decision making on topics such as capital structure, foreign currency exposure, margin and profit target
• Analyzing the competitive landscape, market dynamics and industry trends both domestically and internationally
• Assess incoming projects for complete and thorough evaluation as well as a review for delivery on promise
• Participate in processes for budgets including communications and systems
• Participate in team reviewing, analyzing and compiling corporate annual plans.
Partner with Corporate Business Operations and Supply Chain (BOSC) - 50%:
• Provide financial information and analysis for Business Operations and Supply chain (BOSC) strategy and operating reviews
• Support BOSC FP&A Director in enterprise analysis and presentations
• Develop supply chain performance metrics (Financial & Operational)
• Provide process and analysis to link operational performance/metrics to financial performance
• Partner with BOSC leadership to develop insights on productivity initiatives and aligned accountability to deliver results
• Perform manufacturing footprint optimization initiatives analysis including creating a BOSC point of view on capacity, cost for production and footprint
• Other projects supporting the build of a centralized BOSC organization partnering closely with our businesses
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Finance or Accounting
• 7 years experience in a financial role, preferably in a business analysis role
• Experience and understanding of S&OP or Integrated Business Planning (IBP) process
• Proficiency of financial theory
• Working knowledge of balance sheet, income statement and Cash Flow statements and concepts
• Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, across and up in the organization.
• Proven experience in identifying key metrics, developing reports and analytical views in business intelligence tools
• Experience and understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes, tools, and approaches
• Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills with attention to detail
• Ability to understand a problem, structure the analysis needed to solve it and come up with innovative and insightful solutions and recommendations
• Highly motivated and self-directed.
• Collaborative team player with good interpersonal skills
• Result driven, open personality with a pro-active attitude
• Ability to juggle conflicting priorities and meet deadlines.
• Extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Extremely proficient with Excel & PowerPoint and visualization tools (PowerBi or Tableau)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job