Corporate Development Analyst
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Corporate Development Analyst-WAY05543 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill's Corporate Development (CD) group is responsible for executing mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and divestitures across the Company. The group partners with business unit leadership and the executive team to help define M&A priorities and ensure those priorities align with the business's strategy more broadly. The CD group supports Cargill's multi-billion dollar acquisition budget, as well as execution of multiple divestitures and joint-ventures annually. In addition to executing transactions and delivering impactful recommendations regarding Cargill's toughest business challenges, the CD group helps develop future leaders across Cargill's businesses and functions.
The Corporate Development Analyst will participate in all aspects of the deal process, leading significant portions of the valuation analysis, coordinating due-diligence efforts and supporting the deal team in transaction negotiations. The CD analyst will also have significant exposure to business leadership, both within Cargill as well as with acquisition target leadership. This role is an opportunity to work on a variety of transactions around the globe and have the opportunity for promotion to Associate in CSD or placement into one of Cargill's businesses/functions.
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. With nearly 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 152,000 employees in 67 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
70% Transaction Execution
- Work on teams supporting all transaction types - mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures (MADJV). Partner with commercial units throughout the company and across all geographies to execute transactions ranging in size from $5 million to $1 billion.
- Apply a broad understanding of principles and practices tied to a corporate finance and transaction strategy.
- With minimal supervision, develop recommendations to solve problems and issues related to MADJV transactions and suggest improvements to current practices using best practice understanding.
- Apply relevant transaction knowledge to provide advanced analytical assessment and process management.
- Help prepare acquisition proposals, support in recommending financial and nonfinancial strategic objectives and alternatives, and support implementation and maintenance of strategic and operational plans. Plan and coordinates business reviews, resource allocations, organization structures, and financial analysis.
- Internally support the corporate development practice through proactive leadership and coaching.
20% Business Strategy Alignment
- Provide advanced analysis to support Corporate Development team in assessing and valuing new business opportunities.
- Partner with corporate strategy colleagues to ensure transaction targets align with business strategy.
- Develop and evaluate industry research, trends and comparable transactions.
10 % Presentation and Advisory
- Partner with financial leadership to analyze past and prospective transactions and financing structures.
- May liaison on strategy and business development matters with internal leaders (example: Business leaders) and external parties (example: representatives of third parties engaged in due diligence).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Prior experience ( 1 years) in merger and acquisitions (e.g., corporate development, investment banking, private equity, consulting)
- Valuation knowledge, particularly discounted cash flow
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- 4 year BA / BS Degree
- Understanding of financial and accounting principles
- Strong presentation skills
- Comfort working in team-based environment
- Deep financial modeling skills
- Fluency in more than one language
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
Job Financial Markets
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Corporate Development Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly