Business Relationship Manager - Global Functions
Business Relationship Manager - Global Functions-HOP03810 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Global Functions Business Relationship Lead is responsible for ensuring Cargill's Global Functions needs are being efficiently and effectively delivered and that priorities are being set in a way that enables responsive and high quality delivery.
The purpose of this position is to partner with and represent Cargill's Global Functions to ensure an understanding and alignment of priorities, and then work with Global HR Solutions (GHRS), Business HR and HR's COE's to meet the demand.
This position informs GHRS organization of strategies, plans, needs and challenges of Cargill's businesses. This position is critical to the successful interface between Business HR, HR's COE's and GHRS. This position is responsible for ensuring the GHRS organizational performance is meeting the needs of the HR organization and Cargill's businesses.
This position requires strong business acumen, business partnering and relationship management skills, influencing and facilitation skills, with an “account management” mindset.
50% - Business Leader:
- Provide leadership across all of Cargill's Global Functions to ensure business needs are prioritized and the resource requirements are understood and provided by HR Solutions (HRS)
- Partner with Cargill's Global Functions HR leaders to identify opportunities for HR solutions and services
- Maintain extensive collaboration and communication between the Global Functions HR Leaders to ensure the on-going alignment of client priorities, expectations, resource availability and service delivery
- Understand and communicate global business and HR strategies, priorities, drivers
- Translate Global Functional strategies into HR objectives and actionable solutions.
- Responsible for operationally reviewing on-going business demands globally to minimize capacity risks and identify proactive HR solution opportunities
- Collaborate with Regional Business Relationship & Demand Manager colleagues to anticipate and identify new opportunities for HR solutions and be opportunistic in creating new or additional demand
- Advise and articulate domain/country-specific requirements and resources to effectively help HR and Business leaders understand and address their priorities, challenges and opportunities
5% - Talent Leader
- Connect and collaborate with other Business Relationship and Regional Demand Managers to share best practices and achieve exceptional results
- Develop and maintain key internal and external relationships, which may include: business leaders, hiring managers, business/function human resource professionals, industry contacts, employees
20% - Change Leader
- Lead large scale organizational change and behaviors to achieve desired results; provide change leadership to the team of Global Functions HR leaders
- Interface with regional HRS, HR COE's, HR Business Partners and global processes to ensure service demands are well understood and clear service delivery expectations are in place across the regions
- Responsible for monitoring the GHRS service delivery strategy across the regions to ensure proper utilization of the tiered service model
- Manage and respond to escalations in the broader global HR services and solutions prioritization efforts
- Inform HR leaders on KPIs, utilization rates, volume of services being provided and support the regional HRS leaders in allocation of resource decisions
- Provide feedback into service priorities to ensure client expectations are being met and/or exceeded
- Provide leadership, advocacy and support for CBS Migration activities, shared service consolidations and reorganization/restructuring initiatives
- Ensure the consistent use and implementation of tools/technologies globally to gain efficiency in delivering HR Solutions
15% - Culture Steward
- Partner with other functions serving similar clients to share knowledge, best practices, develop creative solutions, etc.
- Work with the GHRS Regional Leads to ensure effective delivery and coordination of HR activities
- Leverage and enforce global processes and technologies to support delivery of HR services
- Work in close partnership with Cargill Business Services (CBS) to deliver high quality, reliable and cost effective services
- Champion a strong continuous improvement culture to ensure deployment of scalable, simplified and standardized processes
- Establish a culture of accountability and measurement
- Express, model and reinforce a process-honoring culture
10% - Value Leader
- Monitor and report client-facing KPIs (i.e. Forecast Accuracy and Forecast Bias) by markets and businesses/functions globally
- Provide input in the definition of metrics, and monitor global performance of service quality metrics, client satisfaction scores and cost management
- Partner with regional BRM and demand management colleagues and HR Business Partners to influence how HR services are being utilized in alignment with the HR service delivery model
- Partner with process owners and GHRS regional leads to address service delivery inefficiencies
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in business, human resources and/or relevant field
- 10 or more years of business and/or HR experience
- Experience interacting with senior business and functional executives while engaging the entire scope of an organization
- Experience working in a global, matrixed environment
- Ability to translate business requirements into HR services and solutions
- In-depth knowledge of multiple businesses, functions, and processes as well as solid knowledge of business and functional issues
- Conceptual strength, strategic thinking, strong business knowledge, ability to influence and work across the organization
- Experience anticipating emerging issues, problem solving and implementing new business solutions, including referring critical issues to the appropriate level of management, and improving efficiency, quality, cost and productivity
- Advanced communication, leadership, partnership, consulting, collaboration, and influencing skills including experience building consensus and morale within a business unit or function, and leading work team effectively to meet strategic and operational objectives
- Experience in interacting effectively, confidentially and appropriately with various levels of staff, management and senior leaders
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Communicates effectively in all settings, including sensitive and intense situations, by tactfully responding to requests and thoughtfully negotiating and persuading others to adopt innovative ideas and solutions
- Experienced in change management and leading others in times of significant change
- Strong ability to effectively navigate through ambiguity
- Experience leading complex and global projects
- Ability to travel, regionally and internationally up to 25%
- Advanced Degree (MBA, etc.)
- Experience as a BUHR professional or role supporting business leaders and a strategic agenda
- Advanced capability to build credible, accountable, consultative relationships.
- Strong ability to diagnose and recommend proposal solutions
- Knowledge of HR domains delivered via Global HRS
- Ability to Translate business /people strategies into responsive Global HRS activity
- Project management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Experience having led multiple domestic and international MADJVs
- Experience with CI methodologies (i.e. Lean Six Sigma, etc.)
- Have lived and worked outside of home country
- Experience with CRM technologies (i.e. Salesforce, etc)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Human Resources
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job