Business Information Security Officer (BISO)
Business Information Security Officer (BISO)-HOP03979 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Business Information Security Officer is ultimately responsible for information security, technology risk and compliance activities (including, but not limited to, compliance in the areas of Information Protection, Data Privacy, Intellectual Capital protection, Disaster Resiliency, Plant Technology, Records Information Management, secure application development) and Cyber Security for the businesses within their assigned Enterprise.
The BISO will establish the technology risk & control strategy for their assigned areas and oversee execution of risk assessment / compliance validation plans, in alignment with Cargill's technology risk framework. They will collaborate with IT Business Partners and BRM's, Regional Risk Managers and various Business Operational Leaders to ensure corrective actions are prioritized appropriately and implemented and/or acceptable mitigating controls are put in place within an agreed timeframe. They will be responsible for ensuring compliance with specific technology regulations relevant to the businesses and countries where they have accountability.
This position will work across businesses and geographies, identifying key themes and working with IT Leaders, Risk Leaders and Business Leaders in establishing common processes to ensure maintained compliance.
The BISO is responsible for communicating risks, corrective actions and metrics to IT Business Partners and other IT Leaders, Business Leaders and CISO Leadership on regular intervals.
- You will develop an understanding of business goals and reframe risk discussions in business terms.
- You will provide a different view of the world to business partners by translating emerging threats, technology innovation and business goals into meaningful risks and opportunities.
- You will teach business partners the risk implications of critical decisions by combining empirical analysis with expert judgment to assess business decisions.
- You will provide Business strategy and innovation plans to Security Architecture and other relevant Security teams to promote proactive security solutions through reduced time for availability to Cargill businesses.
- You will constructively engage business partners regarding information security issues.
- You will actively and professionally engage business partners in conversations that drive good risk decisions.
- You will create constructive tension between the CISO office and the business to ensure balance between risk and innovation are factored into decisions.
- You will oversee the direction and monitoring of the implementation of appropriate and sustainable risk and control corrective actions and/or approved mitigating controls.
- You will ensure appropriate risk assessment and management of information risk involvement, review and approval within all major IT initiatives, including, but not limited to Risk Watch, application development, third party hosting / development / service offerings, MADJV - mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and plant technology.
- You will develop and maintain Threat Models for areas of accountability that will lead to technology risk focus and prioritization.
- You will leverage Business Threat Model / Risk Profile dashboard/scorecard to monitor and communicate business risk focus and progress.
- You will provide exceptional coaching and development of team members.
- You will drive collaboration and connecting talent across the CISO office and Cargill.
- You will apply inspirational leadership to increase engagement.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or information systems or equivalent experience
- 10 years of IT/Business experience
- Previous Cyber Secuirty experience
- Very strong, proven working knowledge of Risk Management, Information Security, Controls, and IT Audit practices or some combination thereof.
- Exceptional teaming skills encompassing cross-functional teams, peer relationships, informing, understanding and appreciating differences
- Adept at improving outcomes through proactive team coaching and development
- Strong ability to convey and influence complex information risk and security issues in a manner that is easily understood and actionable. Constructively challenges prevailing thoughts and processes
- Effective communication with senior leadership and medium to large audience discussions / presentations
- Proven record of high performance in problem solving, collaborating, planning/priority setting, timely decision making, perseverance, and a drive for results.
- Able to effectively analyze risk within the context of business problems
- Very strong interpersonal skills in terms of effective listening, patience, composure, and conflict management.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Experience working within a business unit of an organization or multiple organizations
- Aptitude for understanding internal organizational environments and their relationship to the external business environment
- Ability to develop a full and deep understanding of the business operations
- Developed understanding of how business initiatives create value and risk for organizations
Job Information Technology
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Other Locations US-KS-Wichita, Region - Europe
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job