Senior Market & Business Intelligence Consultant
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Senior Market & Business Intelligence Consultant-MIN04808 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Market & Business Intelligence Advisor is responsible for the development & execution of market research & insights activities regionally and globally.
This individual will support and directly influence key decisions made at the highest level in Cargill Starches & Sweeteners group. You will collaborate in regional and global strategy process that will lead to key choices, growth strategies, innovation portfolio, and commercial strategies. You will execute market sizing and long term demand forecasting, and monitor competitors / competitive environment. You will give fact based recommendations and contribute to the formulation of an actionable strategy. The market & business intelligence advisor should leverage this knowledge within the global Starches & Sweeteners group.
Initiative, independence, ability to lead projects and the ability to influence business senior leadership are core competencies for this role. Building strategic insights while dealing with high degree of uncertainty is vital for this role.
The scope of the job has a regional accountability, with some responsibility of coordination of insights consolidation and recommendations development at global level.
70% - Identification/justification of innovation opportunities.
1. Provide deep knowledge and recommendations to guide strategic choices (market attractiveness), business strategy & environment analysis by
a. Using expertise and market research strategies to identify opportunities for growth in an assigned market or business, understanding both the business and customer's needs.
b. Following end markets: Lead identification of today's and futures market needs of assigned markets as well as sizing of the market. Understand business needs and provides consultation and direction to influence decision makers.
c. Directing business insights to include social, technological, environmental, economic and regulatory factors. From this create a forward looking view on impact on our ingredients business and back-up development of mitigation strategies; while leading scenario planning.
d. Promote the development of business models through value chain analysis and determine market trends to substantiate long-term and near-term prospects. Use deep financial acumen to understand relative attractiveness of positions and leverage points within a value chain.
e. Presenting recommendation based on appropriate data and insights to senior business leadership to influence internal decision making. Disseminate information on a continuous basis.
2. S&D mapping
a. Creating actionable insights on the drivers of assigned markets and identify growth opportunities. Scan environment for business opportunities, maintain surveillance over market.
b. Consolidation of market outlook of traditional and future markets including customer and segment trends; tradeflows and S&D outlook.
3. Nurture innovation and business projects to deliver upon growth strategy by
a. Lead determination of the potential and attractiveness of opportunities by identifying, mapping and sizing development projects and determine how to deliver value and differentiate Cargill. Work with commercial marketing and product line management to ensure compelling value propositions of new innovations.
b. Work together with R&D and commercial leadership to populate product line architecture
c. Responsible for opportunity space sizing & work in close cooperation with Business development team to evaluate selected new opportunity spaces by developing a vision on market opportunity and value proposition creation.
4. Enable creation of (industry) network by connecting with existing internal & external connections within specified areas to leverage customers' needs identification, industry trends, new developments and co-operation opportunities
15% - Competitive Intelligence to guide tactical and strategic decisions.
5. Creates market intelligence on traditional and future markets. Create competitive intelligence on traditional and non-traditional competitors.
a. Drive competitive intelligence data gathering to foster growth strategy and tactical development for a specific segment, region or competitor.
b. Creating actionable insights on the drivers of competitive markets; identify growth opportunities and influence internal decision making.
c. Consolidation of market outlook of traditional and future markets including customer and segment trends; tradeflows and S&D outlook in collaboration with competitive intelligence coordinator.
d. Work with local and global product line managers and with competitive intelligence coordinator to consolidate the total view.
15% - Leadership in Strategy Development.
6. Provide deep knowledge and recommendations to guide strategic choices (market attractiveness), business strategy & environment analysis.
7. Collaborates with local and global product line management in developing respective strategies and execution of the same: translate external analysis for specific product line strategies. Provides intelligence and recommendations to product line strategy, product line architecture, Strategic choices Framework, asset and sustainability strategy. Directly or indirectly conduct STEEP, SWOT and additional broad analysis of our current business performance, business potential and choose how to win actions needed.
8. Collaborate with strategy team to identify, assess and do initial considerations of MADJV game board candidates.
- Regular travel to seminars, business/market gatherings, customers, production facilities and sales teams to improve understanding and stay close to the market.
- University degree
- Minimum 7 years professional commercial/marketing/ business development/finance experience
- Demonstrated customer-facing experience in a B2B environment.
- Analytical mindset and conceptual strength
- Able to translate research learning into insights & recommendations for the business
- Develop thorough knowledge on specific industries
- Demonstrated excellent conceptual and strategic capabilities
- Ability to provide strategic guidance to BU based on market analysis
- Strategic thinking with a long-term view
- Ability to deal with great ambiguity
- Curious to explore / high learning capabilities
- Financial acumen
- Ability to understand market dynamics and relative attractiveness of positions and leverage points within a value chain
- Strong influencing skills - Ability to present to and influence Business Senior Leadership
- Business/ Commercial savviness
- Outward focus - customer focused mindset
- Ability to create a relevant value proposition
- Team player - networker
- Performance driven
- Play to Win mentality.
- Master's degree in marketing, with training in strategic marketing.
- Experience in product innovation & product launches.
- Proven experience with strategic market assessments
- Demonstrated ability to develop business in a B2B capacity
- Understanding commodity and specialty markets
- Experience in working in a multicultural international environment
- Experience in product lines and markets at all stages of life cycle.
- Experience with competitive intelligence work and related work on cost-curves.
- Strategic marketing toolkit
- Ability to lead customer insight analysis and definition of the related business opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-MN-Minneapolis
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Senior Market & Business Intelligence Consultant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly