3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Swine Nutritionist-BRO00061 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
DescriptionLocated in Brookville, Ohio, this position provides expertise and guidance on swine feed and nutrition, swine management, and operations to nutritional customers in the industry. This position exists to enhance existing customer relationships and increase the volume and effectiveness of product and services sold to customers. This position also assists the salesforce in growing the business through prospecting of new customer relationships.
30% Analyzes producer's overall operations and provides integrated recommendations on management and nutrition designed to increase value added from company products.
20% Advises customers on optimal feed programs from a nutritional and financial standpoint.
10% Formulates custom products for customers to meet their unique or complex nutritional and manufacturing capabilities.
10% Supports product sales to producers by serving as a technical resource to the salesforce and regional feed manufacturers. Assists in prospecting efforts as assigned.
20% Keeps abreast of the latest scientific and management discoveries in the industry and builds expertise relative to the customer base served.
10% Other duties as assigned.
- Ph.D. in swine nutrition or related technical field
- Ability to build trust and long term relationships with customers and colleagues
- Demonstrate the skills to understand the interactions between nutrition and pig performance and develop farm specific solutions to optimize customer results.
- Be willing to travel throughout the United States with occasional international trips - up to 30%
- Expect 20-30% travel, with some overnight.
- 1 year of Swine Tech Services experience
- Knowledge of nutritional models
- Experience with on-farm troubleshooting
- Experience with training on-farm personnel on proper management techniques
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple ongoing projects
- Be a high energy, well organized team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess a minimum of 3 years of experience in the swine industry.
Job Research and Development
Primary Location US-OH-Brookville
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Swine Nutritionist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly