Regional Subcategory Lead - Mechanical and Piping Contractor Services
Regional Subcategory Lead - Mechanical and Piping Contractor Services-MIN04810 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Strategic Sourcing & Procurement is a global organization with regional category teams in North America, Europe, Latin America, and Asia Pacific that, along with a strong core team and procurement alignment, are implementing new sourcing strategies to support Cargill businesses and functions. Strategic Sourcing & Procurement employees gain broad exposure to Cargill businesses as they drive tangible value for the organization.
Regional category teams are organized around 5 category areas that drive spend activity for chemicals/energy, ingredients, packaging, plant materials and services, and corporate materials and services. Regional category teams develop and drive regional and global category strategies to leverage Cargill's position in the market, drive stronger connectivity, accountability and relationships with Cargill businesses, and clearly understand the requirements of the businesses they support. This position is primarily responsible to develop and bring in category knowledge/best practices and lead total cost of ownership efforts for regional PM&S (Plant Materials & Services) sub-categories, more specifically but not limited to Mechanical/Piping/Plumbing and Predictive Maintenance Contractors. This position reports directly into the Director of Pant Services for North America and is key to our internal relationship with Operations and Maintenance.
50% - Sub-Category Management and Strategy
- Develop & maintain deep expertise in specific subcategories in the Maintenance and Construction Services as part of Plant Services for North America. Position will be responsible for the following OPEX and CAPEX Subcategories General Contractor Services and Mechanical and Piping Services.
- Lead the Sub-Category and development of the Mechanical and Piping Services by engaging key stakeholders and bring industry knowledge and best approach to management
- Facilitate complete implementation of category projects down through business enterprises and facilities. (coordinating with key stakeholders)
- Develop and/or maintain the Supplier Relationship Strategy and Key Performance Indicators for the Category and specific contracts
- Continue to seek new ways to bring value to Cargill through intimate understanding of business needs and industry developments/benchmarks.
- Seek to develop relationships with diverse suppliers as part of Cargill's commitment to the community.
20% - Analysis and Recommendations
- Develop detailed understanding of the current subcategory activity within Cargill, e.g., subcategory spend profile, supplier performance, best practice benchmarking and sharing
- Develop strategies and institutionalize knowledge in category playbooks. [market dynamics, supplier economics, supply channels, total cost of ownership, technology improvements, hypotheses, and negotiation plans]
- Utilize metric and analysis to refine sourcing strategies, inform suppliers of performance, and make recommendations to improve sub-category operations
30% Sourcing Execution
- Ensure strong collaboration with stakeholders across entire sourcing lifecycle
- Work with North America Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Leadership on cross-category strategies as they relate to projects.
- Lead cross functional teams to execute against the global PM&S sub-category strategies (e.g., lead negotiations with complex/key suppliers, lead process improvement efforts).
- Identify, organize, develop, and lead the team resources responsible for executing the global sub-category strategies, and coordinate the execution across regions & CAPEX projects.
- Have contract, price information up to date ready to be used by Procurement as applicable
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- 4 year degree in an a technical field (engineering and supply chain) or business
- 5 or more years of plant operations and/or maintenance experience
- Strong analytical, business process analysis & problem solving capabilities
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate initiatives in a virtual team environment
- Experience leading complex projects involving multiple internal stakeholders
- Experience managing Industrial and Construction Service suppliers
- Familiar with Business Analytics Tools (Zycus), Ariba eSourcing and Contracts, Ariba Procure to X, SAP
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Strong Excel and database skills
- 4 year degree in Engineering
- Project Management experience
- Previous experience negotiating contracts
- Multiple Business Unit experience
- Expertise in managing Construction and Maintenance Services Vendors
- Background in Lean Six Sigma
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills at all levels of the organization
- Basic knowledge of strategy development
Job Strategic Sourcing & Procurement
Primary Location US-MN-Minneapolis
Other Locations US-NE-Blair
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job