2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Maintenance Electrician-KAN00562 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
This position is located in Kansas City, KS.
No relocation assistance is provided. Hourly pay range, $22 - $30.
At Cargill Feed & Nutrition we provide customized animal nutrition solutions to customers across the Americas, Europe and Asia. We operate some of the most technologically advanced plants in the world, but they can't run by themselves - we depend on creative, responsible, hard working individuals like you. At Cargill we have a culture of safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones every day. We also believe that employees must have the opportunity to do what they do best so as part of the application process, you may be asked to complete an online assessment. This will help us understand the things that you do better than others - the talents that you rely on to succeed.
Primary duties for the position will include but not be limited to the following tasks: the safe installation, maintenance, testing, evaluation, and repair at power distributions systems, motor control systems, automation systems, PLC's, frequency drives, and communication systems.
- Ability to work overtime on short notice
- Ability to safely and effectively operate equipment
- Ability to interpret and understand reports, safety/operating procedures & other policies and procedures and utilize equipment checklist
- Ability to pass the advance level electrician evaluation
- Possess journeyman level knowledge and experience in installing and maintaining heavy industrial equipment including 480 volts, motor controllers, medium voltage switchgear, motors, starters, control circuits and PLC's
- Ability in reading and writing electrical schematics and ladder logic diagrams
- Ability to program and troubleshoot programmable logic controllers
- Ability to work at heights or in confined spaces
- High School diploma or GED
- Successful completion of accredited trade school or 3 years practical experience as an industrial electrician
- Ability to perform lubrication, servicing and minor maintenance for equipment related to the classification
- Possession of journeyman certification as an electrician is a plus
Primary Location US-KS-Kansas City
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Maintenance Electrician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly