North America Customs Advisor - Cargill Tax & Customs
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
North America Customs Advisor - Cargill Tax & Customs-UNI04759 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Tax & Customs function employs approximately 220 professionals around the world. Approximately 80 tax professionals work at Cargill's headquarters in Wayzata, Minnesota. Other tax professionals work at such locations as Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Mexico City, Winnipeg, London, Amsterdam and Singapore.
A career in Cargill Tax & Customs offers many opportunities for continuous learning and exposure to a variety of interesting, challenging, and complex issues. Cargill Tax & Customs seeks a motivated individual to become part of an engaged, high-performing team committed to contributing value.
North America Customs Advisor, in collaboration with Regional Manager, plans and directs activities to resolve customs advisory issues, minimize significant customs risk and optimize customs advisory opportunities. Independently identifies material risks associated with importing and exporting, makes final decisions on routine activities, and plays a key advisory role in Business Group projects and planning.
Handles regular interaction and communication with country tax managers, Business Group Managers and Finance Leads, as well as some interaction with the Tax Leadership team.
In addition to regional geographical responsibilities, also leads/participates in global projects as per Cargill's Global Customs Team's annual business plan.
45% - Lead the delivery of advice to Business Groups and other functions in the region on potential risk and exposure in the regulatory environment for export/import and mitigate risk where appropriate.
• Provide direction and advice on complex exports and import trade flows including key advisory data such as:
1. HTS classifications and validations
2. Landed cost calculations
3. Valuation methods
4. Country of origin determinations for customs purposes
5. Other OGA data requiring customs input
• Support key advisory positions related to SAP-GTS implementation and governance in respective countries.
• Collaborate with regional analysts to manage the implementation of key regulatory changes for the region's importers and exporters and communicate changes to Business Groups.
• Coordinate the delivery of advice in respect of regulatory changes within multiple customs jurisdictions affecting businesses both regionally and globally.
• Resolve and/or escalate as appropriate cross-border and larger trade-flow related movement issues
25% - Manage the region's binding ruling processes working with the Global Customs Team on possible ramifications to the global supply chain.
• Lead and/or support global initiatives with common customs issues by partnering with GCT colleagues, Business Groups and other functions as necessary. Identify opportunities for compliance control and risk mitigation improvements and make recommendations to Regional Manager as appropriate.
20% - Support Regional Lead in:
• Government relations
• Assist with external audits as assigned
• Managing consistency of regional risk management and compliance control programs
10% - Coordinate with NA analysts to:
• Share information on legislation changes
• Deliver customs training
• Communicate with Business Group stakeholders to understand business developments and to provide guidance on regulatory changes
• Support resolution of regional broker performance issues.
• Bachelor's degree or higher
• Customs related professional certification (i.e. US Customs Broker license, Canadian Certified Customs Specialist, etc.)
• 8 years professional customs experience
• Proven competence in managing/overseeing high-impact customs advisory issues requiring in-depth understanding of local/regional customs/trade regulations
• Experience conducting and monitoring internal controls, risk assessments and internal audits
• Experience working directly with Governments
• Strong technical knowledge of customs legislation, regulations and practice
• Ability to understand the strategic view while also focusing on operational details
• Ability to communicate effectively with management level Cargill personnel and Business Group partners
• Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately on behalf of Cargill with Government agencies
• Self-Starter/Ability to work independently
• Master's degree or higher
• Experience with a Big 4 accounting firm, major law firm or multinational company
• Experience with Government Customs Agency
• SAP/GTS or other customs system experience
• Experience of managing complex projects
• Experience with tracking, communicating and implementing government regulatory/legislative decision making and/or audit processes.
• Ability to work effectively in a diverse group work environment
• Ability to think globally when contemplating customs issues
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for North America Customs Advisor - Cargill Tax & Customs
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly