BU Manufacturing Excellence Manager
BU Manufacturing Excellence Manager-HOP04082 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The BU (Business Unit) Manufacturing Excellence Manager, in alignment with strategic objectives of the business, is responsible for advising, consulting and providing strategic oversight governance and delivery support for all Manufacturing Excellence activities in the business including: Capital Excellence, Reliability Excellence and Production Excellence. The BU Manufacturing Excellence Manager's primary functions include continuous improvement oversight, financial performance/capital effectiveness delivery, budget and resource management oversight, and talent management. The BU Manufacturing Excellence Manager is a member of the Operations Leadership team with a purpose to deliver strategic direction & messaging, provision & alignment of resources to support strategic direction, provision of operational expertise & leadership, and best practice identification & implementation as related to manufacturing excellence for Salt. This individual will effectively collaborate with stakeholders within and outside of Cargill as well as perform external benchmarking.
50% Manufacturing Excellence Program Management / Oversight
- Responsible for setting overall Manufacturing Excellence strategic vision and direction, long-term solution execution and process standards governance for multiple plants within the business and overall delivery of required operations performance objectives.
- Responsible for development and delivery of best practice approaches for meeting recognized operations efficiency standards, and identification of and delivery of world class operating benchmarks.
- Recommend manufacturing excellence process improvements, and develop business case for improved operational effectiveness methods and leading practices.
- As a member of the Operations leadership team, provide input into business unit operations function towards achieving BU strategy, goals and results in multiple aspects of plant operations.
- Leads/influences stakeholder relationships to establish operational strategic direction, vision and governance of assignments as well as overall governance on standards and procedures.
- Talent management responsibility for providing coaching and development to direct reports including performance management, talent development, succession planning, expertise development, and ensure an overall positive team employee experience
25% Production & Reliability Excellence / Continuous Improvement Oversight
- Provides leadership and oversight for execution of integrated RE (reliability excellence) and PE (production excellence) processes including leading and supporting reliability and production excellence leaders to achieve specific reliability and productivity gain goals and targets.
- Provides leadership for implementation and maintenance of asset health strategy including stabilization
- Leads and/or supports reviews, analysis, and development of conclusions in regards to reliability maintenance, and production excellence metrics and performance. which includes reviewing and analyzing established metrics
- Leads and provides support to drive change and implement new practices within the BU for continuous improvement and reliability excellence.
20% Capital Excellence
- Provide direction for development of 5 year strategic plans for executing and improving overall capital effectiveness. Provide high level oversight and guidance for BU capital projects from feasibility stage through realization stage.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring effective technical and engineering support required for long standing operations as well as project engineering oversight/advanced support to highly complex base and non-base capital projects in various stages.
- Responsible for proactively identifying and consulting on appropriate technology solution identification as well as assessing organization readiness and implementation for process improvements. Responsible for ensuring the PDP (project delivery process) is utilized and deployed throughout the BU
- Provides overall leadership to ensure consistency in the development of the capital planning process for base and non-base capital projects. Provides leadership and governance to the capital project pipeline with ideas for capturing, monitoring and/or applying leading practices insight
- Ensures project objectives and scope are aligned with business strategy and technology governance practices. May directly lead and/or oversee progress for highly complex projects ensuring appropriate resource allocation and portfolio prioritization
5% Miscellaneous Job Duties
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related scientific field
- 10 years operations related experience in a plant environment, including 4 of those years in a supervisory role
- At least 5 years project management experience in medium to large rigor projects with significant complexity and/or capital spend and project deliverables
- Models skilled problem solving techniques and analytical expertise
- Technically competent with Microsoft tools. Excel, Word, Web browsing, presentations, e-mail.
- Demonstrated communication skills including Influencing and team facilitation across multiple levels in the organization.
- Previous experience working effectively within a cross functional project team consisting of interactions with / direct input from sales, supply chain, R & D, operations, quality assurance, finance, etc.
- Demonstrated successful experience with development, coaching, and mentoring of individuals/teams and/or direct reports.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple competing demands
- Demonstrated self-discipline
- Proven results orientation
- Demonstrated learning agility, capacity to learn and lead under new or changing business conditions
- Demonstrated ability to apply deep and practical business acumen to partner effectively with business counterparts
- Experience in a corrosive manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated understanding/experience in Cargill's Project Delivery Process
- Demonstrated high degree of innovative and original thinking
- Change management expertise,
- Experience in a lean manufacturing and/or continuous improvement environment
- Experience leading a geographically dispersed team
- Trained in Statistically Sound Decision Making
- Black Belt, Green belt , Lean or 6-Sigma certifications and / or experience
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job