AEI Maintenance Superintendent
AEI Maintenance Superintendent-DOD01257 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Beef believes being an industry leader is about more than delivering the highest-quality products and service. It's about delivering on our promises. Throughout our history, our commitment to building a better future has been at the heart of everything we do. We continue to aggressively pursue improvements and produce real results that impact not only our operations but our industry, employees and the world around us. By continuously improving our products, processes and services we are ensuring a better, more sustainable future for our employees, for our customers, for our communities and for our company.
This position has responsibility to lead a team to execute AEI projects in accordance with corporate defined best practice standards and guidelines. Work involves more complicated strategies, tasks, and innovative solutions.
Provide expertise in the areas of automation, electrical, and instrumentation for all projects based on current best practices using approved components and standards. Must be fluent in all three areas of control automation, electrical and instrumentation.
Develop and manage the design and operational requirements for the functional area against corporate standard.
Managing/advise on development of new processes/tools.
Champion Root Cause Analysis efforts and solutions.
Participate in post project evaluations and distribution of lessons learned.
Update or creation of documentation.
- 25% - Provide technical expertise to site personnel relative to project design/build/maintain, training and development as well as support to address issues with existing equipment and processes.
- 25% - Strategic project development and execution.
- 20% - Monitor and enforce alignment of automation, electrical and instrumentation work practices with Plant Systems and Controls standards, corporate safety/food safety policies, local/federal codes and/or regulations and good engineering practices.
- 15% - Active and ongoing communication with CAP Plant Floor System team and Corporate Process and Controls COE to ensure alignment of strategic direction, collaboration and project development/execution.
- 15% - Standards development and delivery of best practice solutions.
- Process control experience 7 years electrical, automation, or instrumentation knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of OSHA, Food Safety, Cargill Safety, and Environmental regulations.
- Demonstrated skills of team building, conflict resolution, innovation and change within the work force
- Fundamental understanding of National Electric Code, NFPA 70, and NFPA 70E and their application
- Effective communication (verbal, written, presentation) skills at multiple levels of Cargill and customer organizations.
- Fundamental understanding of industrial electrical systems from 120V DC to 4160 V AC
- Must work equally as well in a team environment and alone. A self-starter.
- Must have a firm understanding of process control strategies.
- Must be able to design and troubleshoot a range of electrical and instrumentation systems.
- Must be able to configure and program a variety of control systems including DCS and PLC systems.
- Four-year related college degree (engineering, sciences, etc.) or a minimum of 7 years Technical Operations experience / AEI Work Experience
Knowledge of IEC 61131 as well as other proprietary programming languages.
Ability to read and update electrical schematics skills a requirement.
- Understand various electrical schematics including one lines and others
Knowledge of reliability centered maintenance, planning and scheduling desired
Design and implementation knowledge of plant digital bus technology.
Understanding of process instrumentation ranging from pressure, temperature, level, flow, pH, conductivity, vibration, etc.
Understanding of common software application development tools.
Job Maintenance and Reliability
Primary Location US-KS-Dodge City
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job