Food Safety Specialist
Food Safety Specialist-CHA00452 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
This position is responsible for managing food safety activities related to fats and oils at the Charlotte, NC Global Edible Oils Solutions North America (GEOS NA) facility. This role plans, coordinates, and directs all food safety program to ensure customer, supplier and regulatory expectations are achieved.
40% - Plan, coordinate and maintain all food safety programs within the location to ensure compliance with company, governmental and customer requirements and expectations.
20% - Plan, coordinate, and provide food safety training for operations personnel and supervisory staff.
20% - Perform internal HACCP, PRP and other various Food Safety and Customer Audits. Plan, coordinate and provide Food Safety Training for operations personnel and supervisory staff.
10% - Drive alignment and consistency between current site and BU Food Safety practices, corporate requirements, and FSSC standards.
5% - Identify opportunities to implement best practices and implement and champion said practices.
5% - Other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- 4 year degree in Chemistry, Biology, Food Science or related applied science
- Minimum 2 years in-plant Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory experience
- Proven experience with implementing and managing ISO 22000 (or other GFSI scheme) and Food Safety Management Systems
- Basic to moderate food safety knowledge with specific emphasis on Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), Good Manufacturing Processes (GMPs), food additives, and sanitation
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of FDA and USDA food laws and regulations
- Applies auditing and quality compliance skills to identify and manage risks/compliance
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Experience applying Continuous Improvement concepts
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with diverse groups of people with varying levels of educations
- Able to adapt to changing priorities
- Proven ability to behave in accordance with Cargill's values and ethics
Job Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Primary Location US-NC-Charlotte
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job