Cargill Premix & Nutrition US Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Manager
Cargill Premix & Nutrition US Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Manager-LEW00037 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Responsible In a specific region for deployment and management of all Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory (FSQR) systems across the business to ensure alignment with strategic and tactical plans as developed and implemented by the Cargill Animal Nutrition (CAN) enterprise. Including: continuous improvement of FSQR processes and systems, developing and implementing FSQR policies, ensuring connectivity and collaboration between the business and functions, talent development/management, directing management of the overall external FSQR environment including customer, supplier and regulatory interfaces at the leadership level for the business within the enterprise.
ENSURE COMPLIANCE OF REGULATIONS/ POLICIES
- Assumes ultimate accountability for compliance to all Food Safety and Quality regulations, policies, standards and practices across the CPN US business.
- Analyzes, reviews and interprets FSQR policies, regulations, customer and supplier standards.
- Directs implementation of FSQR policies, regulations, customer and supplier standards across manufacturing facilities for the business.
- Acts as a liaison for the business with external regulatory authorities at a national level on issues of moderate complexity.
- Actively participates and/or plays leadership role in trade associations. May participate in external FSQR policy development on issues of moderate complexity.
PERFORM PREVENTION ACTIVITIES AND ISSUE RESOLUTION
- Ensures connectivity and collaboration between FSQR functions across all manufacturing facilities in the business.
- Mediates and ensures resolution to moderately complex FSQR issues in the Business.
- Leads the BU crisis management team in the event of a food safety incident for the business.
- Directs work with moderately complex suppliers, external manufacturers and distribution centers to ensure FSQR requirements and product specifications are in compliance.
- Proactively identifies and anticipates potential risk and takes action to prevent food safety/ quality issues.
- Accountable to ensure the completion of audits.
DEVELOP IMPLEMENT AND ASSESS PROCESS/SYSTEMS
- Directs the implementation of product specification systems, all quality, regulatory and food safety programs and management of change programs within the business.
- Drives continuous improvement in the areas of processes, plant design and customer focus.
- Provides input to Business Leaders related to base and non-base capital expenditures necessary for improvements in the Food Safety area.
SHAPE FOOD SAFETY, QUALITY AND REGULATORY CULTURE/ REPUTATION
- Responsible for being the central FSQR interface for customers and suppliers for the business.
- Builds internal and external partnerships to ensure product quality for customers.
- Ensures that any customer complaint related to FSQR issues are addressed and that customer food safety and quality expectations are met (often through direct interaction with the customer).
- Leads implementation of Enterprise strategy to ensure a highly engaged FSQR workforce. Modifies strategy as appropriate for the business.
PEOPLE/ RESOURCE/ BUDGET MANAGEMENT
- Leads talent management of employees in the FSQR organization for the business.
- Coordinates talent management efforts with other FSQR leaders in the Enterprise.
- Builds and develops an effective, competent and engaged workforce.
- Develops both long range (strategic) and short range (tactical) FSQR plans, in alignment with Cargill corporate FSQR, Enterprise and Business objectives.
- Establishes and manages accurate and challenging FSQR budgets for the Business.
- Bachelor's Degree in science, microbiology, quality assurance or other applicable field or 5 feed/food industry FSQR experience.
- 3 years management experience
- Ability to solve complex problems through innovation, collaboration, creativity and determination
- Ability to operate at both the strategic and tactical level
- Conflict management and resolution skills
- Strong drive for results
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, and develop people
- Effective communication skills at all levels of the organization, written and verbal
- Demonstrated collaboration with other businesses and/or functions
- Bachelor's Degree in science, microbiology, quality assurance or other applicable field and minimum 5 years FSQR management experience in the feed/food industry
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification
Job Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Primary Location US-OH-Lewisburg
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job