Shift Supervisor/Operations Manager I
Shift Supervisor/Operations Manager I-CED00846 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Shift Leader position is responsible for being the site management representative 24 hours a day 7 days a week. The position will ensure adequate communication is maintained between operating business units, contractors, customers and outside regulatory agencies. This position will also ensure adherence to Cargill, Inc. policies and procedures including safety, food safety, environmental, sanitation, work quality standards, management and production.
40% Coaching, development, training and management support to the operations team within the facility such that the goals of the organization are achieved. Oversee employee issues and concerns. Ensure employee engagement. Manage overall facility emergency response and operations, including troubleshooting on rotating shifts to meet customer needs and ensure compliance with all Environmental Health and Safety requirements.
25% Assist with monitoring product quality, product inventories, production rates, delivery schedules, coordinating and prioritizing of emergency maintenance resources.
15% Able to perform as HAZMAT incident commander. Must be able to develop basic operational understanding of all operating departments.
10% Coordinate/allocate site utility employees to ensure daily sanitation standards are met. Ensures all department training is completed in a timely manner. Performs MSS, LOTO, plant safety inspection and other required audits as required.
10% Perform miscellaneous job duties as assigned.
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Bachelor's Degree
- OR High School diploma/GED with minimum 4 years technical experience in lieu of degree.
- Must be able to work a 12-hour shift, including willingness to work additional hours if necessary.
- Willingness and ability to work in a challenging and physical production and industrial environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written within multiple levels of the organization.
- Working knowledge of Food Safety, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental regulations.
- Knowledgeable of basic HR practices, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Guiding Principles, etc.
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Leadership: A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Ability to communicate and present effectively both verbal and written within multiple levels of the organization.
- Ability to promote and work within an inclusive environment.
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of food safety, safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
- Supervisory Experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- Past experience in manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of environmental regulations.
- Working knowledge of principles of reliability.
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement tools.
Primary Location US-IA-Cedar Rapids
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job