D&BI Sr Business Analyst - Consultant
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
D&BI Sr Business Analyst - Consultant-HOP04106 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The D&BI Senior Business Analyst will work on a product team using Agile Scrum methodology to design, develop, deploy and support data solutions. You will work with Enterprise Architecture, D&BI Solution Architects, and Data Engineers to understand business unit requirements, create designs, and test solutions to ensure they meet business unit needs and objectives. You will ensure project solutions developed are aligned to D&BI architecture standards and principles, ensure they leverage common solutions and services, as well as meet financial targets. The ideal candidate for this position requires substantial knowledge to work within complex systems, process designs, and architecture.
40% - Requirements Analysis:
- Apply extensive and deep knowledge to provide guidance and insight during project solution definition activities, from ideation through explore, to ensure strategic alignment and best practice adherence
- Assess Business Unit/Function needs clearly eliciting, translating, and documenting requirements in the form of user stories
- Communicate and clarify data requirements to the design and development resources.
- Provide subject matter expertise in one or more business process areas and or data/analytics solutions
- Plan for acceptance of solution (change management, communication, training needs
40% - Solution Design and Testing:
- Analyze and interpret data and information to guide solution decision making to minimize the amount of project investment and divergence from target architecture
- Create detailed solution designs that meet business requirements, leverage common solutions, and meet project cost/delivery objectives
- Perform reviews with key stakeholders throughout the design lifecycle to ensure alignment and requirements coverage. This may include but is not limited to the following activities: design reviews, testing execution, deployment verifications, and customer satisfaction reviews.
- Identify risks and design controls to mitigate or eliminate risks.
- Create test plan, test scripts and perform system testing
- Create supporting solution design documentation to ensure sustainment of the solution
- Oversee implementation of solutions with project team members to ensure success, alignment to business partner perspective and sustainability
- Support “go live/hypercare” activities, including remedial training (if necessary), solutioning break/fix tasks and miscellaneous trouble-shooting
15% - Business Partnering, Relationship Management:
- Provide technical consultation and recommendations for data and analytics solutions for multiple BUs/FNs aligned to their business drivers and goals
- Provide general awareness of projects creating data opportunities for Cargill and where they may impact existing data solutions
- Champion collaboration and enable delivery in an agile team environment
- Engage and influence developers to ensure productivity and solution quality
- Effectively engages stakeholders in change management activities
- Provide training and education on the application of complex data management and report solutions.
- Apply substantial understanding of data and business analytics to determine best practices, and recommends how to improve current practices
5% - People and Budget Management:
- Provide coaching and/or training to more junior members on design, build, test activities and deliverables.
- May participate in selection of employees and provide input on plans for future workforce needs.
- Manage workload and priorities to deliver agreed upon project milestones
- Prepare high and detailed level estimations for their project work.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 years of experience in IT or relevant business/industry experience
- 5 years data modeling experience
- Strong conceptual, strategic thinking, problem solving, technical and analytical skills
- Curious about data and passionate to bring business value through data and advanced analytics
- Demonstrated business facing skills
- Strong facilitation and collaboration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence peers
- Excellent project management, planning and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work effectively within a large organization that operates using matrix management structures
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in ambiguous environments
- SAP and Non-SAP ERP Experience
- Experience in rationalization and creation of enterprise data models
- Experience designing in SAP Business Objects, Tableau and Power BI
Job Information Technology
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for D&BI Sr Business Analyst - Consultant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly