2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Department Superintendent-MOU00338 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
This position is responsible for the daily execution of the operation and performance of the Liquor department in our Mount Joy, PA facility. The focus of this position is safety, process efficiency, process improvement, customer solutions, and personnel development.
30% Manufacturing Excellence
- Manages a front line supervisor. Oversees and supervises daily operations of the Liquor department to achieve production throughput requirements including work flow, job assignments, scheduling, shift coverage, etc.
- Provides ownership of the assets in the Liquor Department.
- Identifies, aligns, and provides input to best in class operational practices. Utilizes technical skills and relevant experience to identify and solve problems and recommend/implement operating efficiencies.
- Reviews performance measurements and deploys practices to promote operational efficiencies (operational rates and energy efficiencies).
- Aligns and implements reliability practices and ensures the reliability culture is foundational to operations (deploys reliability processes and metrics; focus on eliminating the root-cause of reliability problems).
- Partners with maintenance and engineering management to develop approaches for meeting/tracking efficiency standards through scorecards, metrics, and costs.
- Champions a culture that promotes operational excellence. Recommends process improvements and supports business case for new investments/innovations.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvements applicable to the entire business.
25% Safety/Risk Management
- Oversees/executes day-to-day operations for the Liquor and Refining departments, ensuring direct reports are following and enforcing policies and procedures related to employee safety and food/feed safety.
- Partners with Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) and Food Safety Quality and Regulatory (FSQR) experts to implement the most effective approach for complying with corporate policies and procedures.
- Health and Safety: Enforces a culture of zero injury and illness.
- Environmental: Understands and proactively avoids environmental impact and potential risks to the business.
- Food Safety: Directly monitors risks associated with products. Ensures FSSC/HACCP/FDA standards and requirements are met in all food and feed processes.
- Educates and trains workforce in food safety fundamentals and completes safety and good manufacturing practices (GMP) audits.
- Documents and investigates EHS/Food Safety incidents to identify risks, root causes, recommends and implements corrective actions.
- Member of the Mount Joy Food Safety Team and Reliability Excellence Process Team.
- Maintains departmental procedure documentation and implementation to meet departmental objectives and to comply with FSSC program.
- Participates in customer, third party, and regulatory audits as an Operations representative as needed.
- Maintains thorough understanding of site emergency action plan and prepare responsible individuals to execute the plan. Tests the plan periodically to ensure feasibility and that all personnel can perform
- Leads by example by active participation in the Values Based Safety (or other) program and by working closely with barrier removal teams.
20% People Management
- Actively develops department supervisors including a formal performance management process which includes goal/expectation setting; regular, documented feedback; and development plans.
- Provides coaching to department supervisors including coaching Cargill's core values and guiding principles.
- Develops planning for future production workforce needs and participates in selection of employees.
- Implements department operational, reliability, safety, FSQR training programs and controls/monitors employee performance.
- Accountable for production talent development and for overall training and on boarding new employees.
- Focuses on department engagement, recognition, development and coaching.
- Implements systems and process to maintain a highly engaged workforce. Holds direct reports accountable for actively addressing engagement issues and for identifying best practices in engagement.
- Applies disciplinary actions when needed.
15% Customer Focus/Product Innovation/Quality Management
- Directly oversees and monitors production results, quantity and quality to ensure customer and food safety requirements are within specification. Works with production supervisors to meet customer specifications and timeline.
- Oversees, documents and investigates quality issues that occur. Compiles related information and provides recommendations for improvements for review by production supervisors, facility manager, corporate, and FSQR specialists.
- Measures quality performance in areas that impact the customer.
- Supports customer relationships by meeting business objectives and by understanding how operational performance impacts internal and external customers.
10% Production Financial Performance/Capital Planning Effectiveness
- Reviews expenses and monitors spending in the Liquor and Refining departments. Finds and implements controls to ensure budget compliance.
- Works with facility management to develop a department budget and implements controls to ensure budget compliance.
- Accountable for implementation of base capital investments for the operations area.
- Works with engineering, FSQR, EHS, and facility management to provide input in the development of plant capital investment strategies.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher with at least 3 or more years of combined experience in production supervision, maintenance supervision or project management OR
in lieu of degree 10 or more years of combined experience in production supervision, maintenance supervision or project management.
- Prior experience with Reliability Excellence
- Ability to travel up to 10% depending on business needs
- Strong organizational, leadership and planning skills
- Strong team player
- Demonstrated team building, leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated self-starter
- Working knowledge of Food Safety, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA and Environmental regulations)
- Ability to communicated effectively both verbal and written within multiple levels of the organization
- Demonstrated effective systematic approach to problem solving
- Ability to organize, coordinate and accomplish multiple tasks
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment
- Engineering Degree
- Working knowledge and experience using SAP
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing (e.g. Kaizen, 5S, Value Stream Mapping)
- Working knowledge and experience with FSSC initiatives and programs
- Experience working in an environment with a collective bargaining agreement
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Prior experience with Stable Ops or other Six-Sigma-based initiative
Primary Location US-PA-Mount Joy
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Department Superintendent
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly