Reliability Maintenance Supervisor
Reliability Maintenance Supervisor-UNI05091 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Direct accountability, leadership and oversight of maintenance, electrical, electronic and instrumentation craft persons and supplementary outside resources, in some instances, for an Oilseed Crush Plant and Vegetable Oil Refinery. Responsible for employee engagement by building positive working relationships and an environment where employees will want to offer their ideas. Develop and improve skill sets of internal craft resources. Partnering with the RE Supervisor and Maintenance Supervisor II to execute correct application of Reliability Strategies such as Proactive Work Activities, On-Condition and Predictive Technologies, RCM, Craft Skills Development, Proper Planning and Scheduling Functions, 5S, 5 Why, Kaizen, Precision Maintenance and Cause Analysis. Expected execution of aligned reliability practices will reduce operating cost while improving Overall Equipment Effectiveness and Asset Utilization. This position will supervise, manage and coordinate the execution of the daily maintenance schedule ensuring safety, quality and precision while maximizing craft efficiency by preparing and ensuring the equipment is ready and all parts, special tools, equipment and permits are available before crafts people are deployed. Troubleshoot equipment failures and oversee coordination of proactive and reactive activities on a day-to-day basis. Lead daily coordination meetings with maintenance and production teams. This position will review all completed work orders for completeness and craft feedback as well as possible improvements in repair techniques, materials of construction, or other activities.
65%- Lead, supervise and coordinate daily proactive, reactive and modifications work type and management of formal work flow system.
10%- Supervision of crafts persons, performance management and skill enhancement process
5%- Complete all Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities
5%- Participate in Corporate and BU taskforces as necessary.
10%- Cause Analysis investigation and action tracking
5%- Any other duties as assigned
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent plus 2-3 years related experience
- 2-3 years Process and/or Maintenance Reliability experience
- Strong mechanical, automation and electrical knowledge and aptitude
- Supervises craft workers and has full human resource management responsibilities including hiring, scheduling, motivating, handling employee relations issues, and processing employee related paperwork.
- Direct supervisor of reactive/emergency work, manage work flow system.
- Help the Maintenance Supervisor II with the job skill enhancement-training program.
- Meet with the Planner, Administrator and Reliability Manager daily to review work plans and schedules.
- Troubleshooting of equipment failures through root cause analysis, i.e. conveyors, pumps, pneumatics, drives, hydraulics, etc.
- Execution of job plans, annual shutdowns and commissioning new equipment.
- Complete all Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities.
- Daily management of the Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) related to core job function.
- Develops and coaches employees through Cargill Performance Management Process (PMP) as well as managing the disciplinary process.
- Ensures work team complies with Cargill, business unit and facility policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Builds employee engagement through positive working relationships and promotion of an enthusiastic and open atmosphere where employees will want to offer their ideas.
- Participates in daily production meetings.
- Troubleshoot complex problems as required.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary atmosphere with a high regard for environmental impact of the operation.
- Inspect buildings, grounds, and equipment utilized by facility; determine immediate and long-range needs for maintenance and repair work. Enter work orders utilizing maintenance computer program.
- Attend various safety, department and training meetings.
- Communicate in a courteous and positive manner to accomplish duties effectively, working as a team with all involved.
- Must be able to learn computer software programs such as maintenance database (i.e. SAP) .
- Demonstrates strong behaviors with respect to team work, accountability, respect and commitment .
- Strong execution skills .
- Ability to apply knowledge of Cargill policies and procedures in the areas of safety, environmental, health and food safety .
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to speak candidly and provide constructive feedback .
- Ability to work independently and make independent decisions.
- Ability to develop and manage good working relationships with internal departments (production, sales, logistics, accounting), contractors, suppliers, inspectors and customers.
- Ability to take off-hour calls and rotate on call accountability with facility staff as necessary.
- Ability to speak candidly and provide constructive feedback.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of work styles including customers and co-workers at all levels of the organization.
- Assist other Crush and Refinery plant personnel as needed, and will perform any other duty as requested.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Periodic travel - Typically less than 15%
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, etc., to work in elevated areas of the plant, and must be able to work in confined spaces
- Work outdoors in a dusty environment with exposure to grain dust.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Two years reliability experience or 5 years in Operations.
- Two Years Experience leading a Team
Job Maintenance and Reliability
Primary Location US-OH-Sidney
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job