3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Production Planner/Scheduler-MON00656 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
This position is responsible for production planning and scheduling for the Protein Group's Egg business. SAP experience is required in MRP/scheduling set up and maintenance to generate appropriate SAP scheduling recommendations. The successful candidate will be responsible for moving the egg business forward in utilizing available planning and scheduling tools within SAP. This position requires excellent communication, reporting skills and monitoring to a cross functional audience with regard to production, inventory, service, capacity, forecasts, write-downs and product life cycle projects. This position will also contribute to and participate in the monthly S&OP business cycle. Data analysis and data driven decision making will be key to success of this position. Continuous improvement projects targeted at supply chain process improvement will also be expected.
- Plan and schedule production using SAP that meets demand, capacity, warehousing and transportation requirements.
- Within the egg business supply chain, provide training and expertise in SAP planning and
- scheduling tools/system.
- Communicate production plans to plant production, warehouse and customer service teams and promptly respond to demand and operational changes.
- Communicate demand plans to procurement and monitor forecast accuracy for outliers.
- Set and monitor appropriate inventory and supply related targets, monitor adherence to targets and take appropriate action for variances on a monthly basis.
- Monitor production and supply related performance metrics and communicate issues in a timely manner. Analyze options, develop solutions and ensure cross functional team is aligned in problem solving and solution implementation.
- Understand plant capacities and constraints with the ability to articulate related insights to cross functional stakeholders.
- Communicate inventory shortages and outlooks to customer service and sales when customer will be impacted.
- Facilitate and drive for effective decision making through the S&OP business cycle process and communication with key stakeholders
- Manage product lifecycle projects for new, existing and discontinuing products
- Identify and implement process improvement and/or cost saving opportunities.
If selected for an interview, you will be required to submit signed copies of your last two performance reviews. (A completed e-PMP is considered a signed copy.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field and 3 years related supply chain experience
- 3 years of supply planning and/or scheduling experience
- SAP experience required in supply planning and production scheduling. APO and PPDS experience is highly desired.
- Strong analytical and technology skills including demonstrated ability to understand complex ERP systems, expertly utilize reporting tools, and advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Proven problem solving experience within cross functional teams
- Strong cross functional relationship builder
- Knowledgeable in Supply Chain, Distribution Management, Quality Control and Manufacturing processes
- Strong customer focus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to make data and logic driven decision
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Ability to prioritize and act with a sense of urgency
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- APICS CPIM or CSCP a plus
Primary Location US-MN-Monticello
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Production Planner/Scheduler
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly