Elec Tech I
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Elec Tech I-NEB02311 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Turkey & Cooked Meats facilities utilize state-of-the-art beef, pork and turkey processing capabilities to deliver high-quality meat products to our partners. Advanced technologies and imaginative people create innovative solutions and distinctive value for our customers. Our retail customers come to us from traditional grocers, supermarkets and warehouse clubs to provide their meat and deli needs. We provide innovative solutions for their fresh meat case, frozen meat departments, deli counters, and more
Electric Tech I purpose is to troubleshoot electrical issues on plant equipment and to act as one of the main resources for resolving electrical issues. Additional responsibilities will be to assist mechanics/operators in electrical issues and responding to radio calls during plant production. Replacing/repairing existing control panels will be required as well (i.e. building new control panel for a conveyor - creating parts list, submitting parts request, executing work). The Electric Tech must be aware of safe electrical practices and assist in resolving plant items found out of compliance (i.e. installing an E-Stop, rewiring as needed, etc).
35% - Troubleshoot electronic issues for production equipment as needed (assisting mechanics/operators or conversing with vendor technical support)
35% - Manage the workflow process associated with assigned tasks (daily workload tracker, entering in Maximo data, creating follow up work orders, submitting parts request, communicating turnover information).
10% - Assist in the development / implementation / startup of new equipment and the preventative maintenance procedures to maintain electrical related equipment/components
10% - Assist in developing and updating PLC and HMI programs as required based on established guidelines and controls for this type of equipment
5% - Work with governing agencies to ensure the accuracy of our measuring devices
5% - Work with corporate networking and IT groups to insure the plant remains in compliance with current and future guidelines.
• Ability to troubleshoot, diagnosis, repair, and replace faulty electrical components through the use of hand tools / electrical test equipment.
• Able to read, write and speak English
• Knowledge or experience in PLC programming and troubleshooting (Allen-Bradley RSLogix, etc). Proficient in reading electrical schematics and ladder diagrams.
• Knowledge of or experience with electrical controls including motor starter circuits, power and control functions (limit switches/photo eyes/prox switches), flow meters, pressure and temperature transmitters and various types of sensors
• Be able to set up, program, and troubleshoot drives (Allen Bradley PowerFlex, etc), showing understanding and ability to change settings for proper machine operation
• Be able build electrical control panels (for controlling conveyors, equipment etc)
• Ensure compliance with all local codes/regulations
•Ability to work in cold environments and communicate with plant departments regarding electrical related issues (Production, Safety, Food Safety)
• Associate degree in Electronics or significant experience in electrical troubleshooting and PLC/Control system troubleshooting
• Experience working in a food processing facility
• Knowledge of or experience with communication/IT related systems
• Knowledge of or experience with pneumatic, hydraulic, and vacuum system concepts
• Measure, cut and bend conduit such as rigid EMT, PVC, and IMC utilizing hand tools and benders.
• Knowledge or experience with Microsoft office & CMMS software (maintenance management software)
Job Maintenance and Reliability
Primary Location US-NE-Nebraska City
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Elec Tech I
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly