Sr Project Manager
Sr Project Manager-HOP04115 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
This Sr. Project Manager role is part of the Salt Business Unit Project Management Team. It is an operations position developed to lead key strategic build projects essential to BU optimization, growth and innovation. This position is responsible for all project management activities for complex “Build” projects, including project leadership, project planning, project execution, project control and business results. Responsibilities include managing the strategic development, deployment and delivery of all Build Project Management objectives requiring Functional Engineering/Technology Domain Area expertise, application and oversight. This role will also work on other strategic BU priorities such as process teams, customer issues, operations troubleshooting, recruiting, etc.
30% - Develop strategic BU projects from explore phase through implementation and start-up phases. Lead the development of project scope based on extensive knowledge of Build project management practices, strategies and procedures. Prepare plans for how the Build project is executed, monitored and controlled. Partner with cross-functional BU and corporate resources in the prioritization, development and execution of Build projects.
20% - Lead project teams in deployment of strategic BU projects and deliverables in. Utilize the project management framework to achieve project objectives safely, on time and on budget. Provide strategic vision and direction to the project team. Lead periodic project reviews to plant and BU leadership. Work with and manage engineering firms and contractors. Champion and reinforce Cargill's behavioral based safety process throughout every phase of Build Projects.
20% - Serve as Business Unit Subject Matter Expert on the Capital Deployment Process. Train, Coach and mentor BU Operations personnel on the capital deployment process. Identify, recommend and implement project management and capital effectiveness best practices.
20% - Provide input into Business Unit operations function towards achieving BU strategy, goals and results. Provide the Project Sponsor and Stakeholders with routine status of Build projects. Provide input to leadership about capital prioritization and efficient deployment. Actively communicate technical issues and threats and ensure that leadership alignment is a priority.
10% - Provide technical troubleshooting expertise to the BU and other duties as assigned.
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Ability to travel 40% - 60% of the time
- Willing and able to work additional hours which may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to direct construction in operating industrial environment.
- 4 year college degree with 5 years demonstrated experience in operations and/or build project management. In Lieu of degree, 10 years operations and/or build project management experience.
- Experience in developing, executing and managing multiple projects.
- Knowledge of construction safety and methods best practices.
- Demonstrates skilled problem solving techniques and analytical expertise
- Passion for excellence, self-disciplined, results oriented
- Communication skills: Influencing skills, team facilitation skills.
- Technically competent with Autocad reader,Microsoft tools. Excel, Word, Web browsing, presentations, e-mail
- Ability to work remotely and independently
- Demonstrated self-discipline
- Proven results orientation
- Demonstrated communication skills including Influencing and team facilitation across multiple levels in the organization.
- Multi-plant experience/Multi-department experience
- Demonstrated understanding/experience in Cargill's Project Delivery Process
- Previous experience within a Project Team consisting of interactions with/direct input from Sales, Supply Chain, R&D, Operations, Quality Assurance, Financial, etc. is a significant plus
- Understanding of root-cause analysis tools
- High degree of innovative and original thinking
- Change management expertise with ability to engage employees at multiple levels
- Experience in a corrosive manufacturing environment
- Experience in a lean manufacturing and/or continuous improvement environment
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
Job Process Optimization/Project Management
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job